Subject: Re: bug#58431: 29.0.50; [Eglot] Add "breadcrumb.el" feature based on imenu.el/project.el services

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 09:30:01 +0100

Yuan Fu <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks for your explanation! I didn’t know which-func can just use
> imenu--index-alist. I already have support for imenu, just need to let
> which-func do its thing.

Yup.

> What you said for breakcumb.el makes total sense. It sounds pretty
> straightforward, just get file path from project.el and function path
> from imenu and put them together.

Yes, that's exactly it.  It should be reasonably straightforward yes.

Maybe, to make a fancy breadcrumb, with icons like lsp-mode's we will
need some small augmentations to imenu--index-alist, but I don't see
that as a big difficulty.

> I can work on it later if no one
> come around and adopt it, I’ve got a lot of stuff on my plate already
> ;-)

Same here.  Drop a line a line if start working on this, so we don't
duplicate each other's work.

João