Subject: Re: bug#58406: 29.0.50; Bars refactoring?

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 16:30:00 +0200

Po Lu <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

> No, I meant that no other program has highlightable menu items in their
> menu bars.

Ok, I see what you mean.  I've two remarks:

      - maybe, at a minimum, we could have a visual clue that we are on
        the menu bar by the mean of mouse cursor change.  Mine stays
        what it was: an arrow or a vertical insert bar.

      - what most other programs do is to highlight the menu bar entry
        when clicked (and then stay that way while the menu is opened).
        So even with this case, we'd have to have a way of highlighting
        a menu bar entry.

I understand that all of this takes place in the "--with-x-toolkit=no"
land and that it might not be the most used setup but maybe it could be
a place to test some moderately "wild" ideas 😊
-- 
Manuel Giraud