Subject: bug#58406: 29.0.50; Bars refactoring?

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 18:05:08 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 16:51:40 +0800
>> From:  Po Lu via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
>>  the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
>> 
>> Most people do not use the bars, leading to many latent bugs.
>> Examples: mouse face not being cleared when tooltips are enabled and
>> the mouse moves outside the frame, last_tool_bar_item not being
>> cleared in the same case, and last_tab_bar_item not being cleared,
>> leading to mouse highlight not working after the mouse is released
>> outside a frame.
>
> I do use the bars, and I don't think I see any of the above problems.
> How would one notice them?

One of the problems (which was fixed earlier this summer) could be
reproduced by holding Alt-TAB (or waiting for a focus to steal the
focus) with the mouse held down on a tab or tool bar button.