Subject: bug#58400: closed (Re: bug#58400: 29.0.50; Missing "\" in gud-def for gud-go)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 06:44:01 +0000

Your bug report

#58400: 29.0.50; Missing "\" in gud-def for gud-go

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
58400: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=58400
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#58400: 29.0.50; Missing "\" in gud-def for gud-go
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: TatriX <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 09:43:09 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: TatriX <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 18:31:12 +0200
> 
> It seems that "C-v" in gdb-mi.el:961 should be "\C-v" because otherwise it's interpreted
> as "C-x C-a C - v"
> 
> https://github.com/emacs-mirror/emacs/blob/master/lisp/progmodes/gdb-mi.el#L961

Thanks, fixed.

Subject: 29.0.50; Missing "\" in gud-def for gud-go
From: TatriX <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 18:31:12 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi!

It seems that "C-v" in gdb-mi.el:961 should be "\C-v" because otherwise
it's interpreted
as "C-x C-a C - v"

https://github.com/emacs-mirror/emacs/blob/master/lisp/progmodes/gdb-mi.el#L961

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.34, cairo version 1.17.6) of 2022-09-25 built on home
Repository revision: b55b2f1c316ba6a488cc381513a17cf3eec27a0f
Repository branch: makepkg
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101004
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gameuser=:games
 --with-modules --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --without-gconf
 --with-native-compilation --with-xinput2 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --without-xaw3d --with-sound=no --without-gpm
 --without-compress-install
 '--program-transform-name=s/\([ec]tags\)/\1.emacs/'
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions
 -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
 -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG
RSVG SECCOMP SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XDBE XIM
XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix