Subject: bug#58380: 29.0.50; package.el: filter by status does not show archive

From: Manuel Uberti <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 18:35:18 +0200

Hi,

when I do the following:

- emacs -Q
- M-x package-initialize RET
- M-x list-packages RET
- / s installed RET

The "Archive" column is empty, making harder to what package archive an 
installed package belongs to.

Thank you

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
  3.24.33, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2022-10-08 built on baruch
Repository revision: b8ab4f018bd541caf8d7b71e0b1bd6f81f2d3bbb
Repository branch: master
System Description: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS

Configured using:
  'configure --with-native-compilation --with-pgtk'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: en_GB.UTF-8
   value of $LC_MONETARY: it_IT.UTF-8
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: it_IT.UTF-8
   value of $LC_TIME: it_IT.UTF-8
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Package Menu

Minor modes in effect:
   header-line-indent-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   buffer-read-only: t
   line-number-mode: t
   indent-tabs-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug mm-archive message sendmail yank-media
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived gnus-util
text-property-search time-date mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-utils mule-util cus-edit pp cus-start cus-load
wid-edit gnutls network-stream url-cache url-http url-auth mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-gw nsm puny
epg rfc6068 epg-config display-line-numbers finder-inf info
adaptive-wrap-autoloads auctex-autoloads tex-site buffer-env-autoloads
cape-autoloads cider-autoloads clojure-mode-autoloads consult-autoloads
compat-autoloads corfu-autoloads csv-mode-autoloads delight-autoloads
eglot-autoloads flymake-kondor-autoloads haskell-mode-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads orderless-autoloads parseedn-autoloads
parseclj-autoloads pdf-tools-autoloads queue-autoloads
rainbow-mode-autoloads sesman-autoloads spinner-autoloads
tablist-autoloads tempel-autoloads vertico-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads
package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core password-cache json
map byte-opt url-vars cl-loaddefs comp comp-cstr warnings icons subr-x
rx cl-seq cl-macs gv cl-extra help-mode bytecomp byte-compile cconv
cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win
term/common-win pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 163005 92891)
  (symbols 48 11897 0)
  (strings 32 44167 10083)
  (string-bytes 1 1222954)
  (vectors 16 21622)
  (vector-slots 8 377841 25798)
  (floats 8 44 172)
  (intervals 56 948 242)
  (buffers 1000 13))

-- 
Manuel Uberti
https://manueluberti.eu