Subject: bug#58379: 29.0.50; eww: can't align table row

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2022 16:16:13 +0300

Here is the HTML file:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="utf-8">
    <title>Profile</title>
  </head>
  <body>
    <table>
      <tr>
	<td><img src="https://thispersondoesnotexist.com/image" style="padding: 2em;" alt="This person does not exist" title="This person does not exist" width="250" height="250"></td>
	<td>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. 
Donec a diam lectus. *Sed sit amet ipsum mauris.* Maecenas congue
ligula ac quam viverra nec consectetur ante hendrerit. **Donec et
mollis dolor**. Praesent et diam eget libero egestas mattis sit amet
vitae augue.
    </td>
      </tr>
      </table>
  </body>
</html>

It is valid HTML file. Check it on https://validator.w3.org/nu/#file

Problem is shown on this picture:
https://gnu.support/images/tmp/2022-10-08/Screenshot-2022-10-08-16-14-27-712668711.png

the picture in the table row does not align with its top with the text
on the right in the right cell. If there is much text in the right cell,
the picture moves even more down.

It would be good to have proper eww table rendering.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 4, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.17.6, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2022-10-05 built on
 protected.rcdrun.com
Repository revision: 9449e0740cd97bbcdbaeb4713dc2dd51e65994fd
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101004
System Description: Parabola GNU/Linux-libre

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
WEBP X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=exwm-xim
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils rmc iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit
xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 39043 5465)
 (symbols 48 5154 2)
 (strings 32 14264 1701)
 (string-bytes 1 401313)
 (vectors 16 10397)
 (vector-slots 8 158338 9668)
 (floats 8 23 23)
 (intervals 56 256 0)
 (buffers 1000 11))

-- 
Jean

Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/