Subject: 29.0.50; Problem binding prefix maps

From: German Pacenza <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2022 22:36:21 -0300

Hi, some prefix maps like project-prefix-map, tab-prefix-map,
window-prefix-map can't be bound:

emacs -Q:
(define-key global-map (kbd "C-t") #'project-prefix-map)
Press C-t
"Wrong type argument: commandp, project-prefix-map"

Adding
(fset 'project-prefix-map project-prefix-map)
like vc-prefix-map does fixes the issue.

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 10, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.34, cairo version 1.17.6) of 2022-10-07 built on KRONOS
Repository revision: 3c7f05133c80ccb48b5adeeed28a36a4039bfe45
Repository branch: master
System Description: Manjaro Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --without-modules --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt
 --without-gconf --with-pgtk --with-sound=no --without-gpm
 --with-native-compilation --without-gsettings --without-libsystemd
 --without-sqlite3 --without-xim --without-compress-install
 --prefix=/home/german/.local/emacs'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2
LIBXML2 NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP THREADS
TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: es_AR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: es_AR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: es_AR.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  savehist-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  vertico-multiform-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  popper-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  straight-use-package-mode: t
  straight-package-neutering-mode: t
  straight-live-modifications-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/german/.emacs.d/straight/build/transient/transient hides /home/german/.local/emacs/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug savehist comp comp-cstr warnings icons
rx notmuch notmuch-tree notmuch-jump notmuch-hello wid-edit notmuch-show
notmuch-print notmuch-crypto notmuch-mua notmuch-message notmuch-draft
notmuch-maildir-fcc notmuch-address notmuch-company notmuch-parser
format-spec notmuch-wash diff-mode coolj goto-addr thingatpt icalendar
diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs notmuch-tag crm
notmuch-lib notmuch-version notmuch-compat hl-line message sendmail
yank-media dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mailabbrev mail-utils
gmm-utils mailheader mm-view mml-smime mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date smime password-cache
gnutls puny dig mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr elec-pair vertico-flat
vertico-grid vertico-multiform easy-mmode pcase vertico
helpful-autoloads elisp-refs-autoloads f-autoloads s-autoloads popper
popper-autoloads magit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
git-commit-autoloads with-editor-autoloads transient-autoloads
dash-autoloads agitate-autoloads elfeed-autoloads vertico-autoloads
embark-autoloads consult-autoloads compat-autoloads mb-depth
orderless-autoloads info delsel xah-fly-keys xah-fly-keys-autoloads
rainbow-mode-autoloads g3r-dark-theme straight-autoloads cl-seq cl-extra
help-mode straight subr-x cl-macs gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv so-long
cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win
pgtk-win term/common-win pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk lcms2
multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 143131 72549)
 (symbols 48 11933 35)
 (strings 32 36938 14894)
 (string-bytes 1 1383346)
 (vectors 16 22016)
 (vector-slots 8 436366 167157)
 (floats 8 57 329)
 (intervals 56 374 55)
 (buffers 1000 11))

-- 
German Pacenza