Subject: bug#5834: emacs 23.1.95 crashes when started from os X terminal app with -nw arguments

From: Ali Asad Lotia <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 01:55:01 -0400

Package: emacs

If emacs is run with the "-nw" option, it crashes immediately on
startup. Passing the -q option to bypass loading of my emacs does not
prevent the crash, it still crashes immediately on startup. However,
emacs does appear to work fine without the -nw option. Have tested
with several revisions from the bazaar emacs-23 branch. The
information provided here is for enacs 23.1.95 compiled from r 99715
of a checkout of the emacs-23 branch of the bazaar repository. It
appears that the last version that works when passed the "-nw" option
is a build of r 99698. After that revisions 99699-99707 don't build on
my machine. Also, revisions 99708 to 99715 (I have not tested builds r
99710 and r 99712) all exhibit the problem described above.

Running Emacs in non-windowed mode results in the following output
(call to emacs included in pasted text)
Ali-Asad-Lotias-MacBook-Pro:~ lotia$
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs -nw -q
Fatal error (11)Abort trap
Ali-Asad-Lotias-MacBook-Pro:~ lotia$ 1;2c

Running it from gcc with the command line arguments set to "-nw -q"
provides the following output:
Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
Reason: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at address: 0x0000000000000000
0x0000000100178a86 in ns_set_doc_edited (f=0x101406f08,
arg=4320133130) at nsfns.m:691
691	  NSView *view = FRAME_NS_VIEW (f);
(gdb) 1;2c

Running emacs produces a crash report and the output of the crash
report follows this line.
Process:         Emacs [2385]
Path:            /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs
Identifier:      Emacs
Version:         ??? (???)
Code Type:       X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:  bash [52080]

Date/Time:       2010-04-04 01:36:42.762 -0400
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.6.3 (10D573)
Report Version:  6

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread:  0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Application Specific Information:
abort() called

Thread 0 Crashed:  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   libSystem.B.dylib             	0x00007fff827cc886 __kill + 10
1   org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00000001000900de
fatal_error_signal + 286 (emacs.c:402)
2   libSystem.B.dylib             	0x00007fff827de80a _sigtramp + 26
3   ???                           	0x00007fff5fbfca40 0 + 140734799792704
4   org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000000010016e0bc ns_term_shutdown
+ 44 (nsterm.m:3891)
5   org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0000000100090114
fatal_error_signal + 340 (emacs.c:388)
6   libSystem.B.dylib             	0x00007fff827de80a _sigtramp + 26
7   ???                           	0x00007fff5fbfcef0 0 + 140734799793904
8   org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0000000100037d7c
prepare_menu_bars + 1228 (xdisp.c:9574)
9   org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000000010004134a
redisplay_internal + 3146 (xdisp.c:11430)
10  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000000010009e75e read_char + 2350
(keyboard.c:2727)
11  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000000010012f658
read_filtered_event + 168 (lread.c:720)
12  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00000001001090ec Ffuncall + 1180
(eval.c:3030)
13  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00000001001458be Fbyte_code +
6814 (bytecode.c:680)
14  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0000000100108a5c funcall_lambda +
588 (eval.c:3211)
15  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0000000100108ea2 Ffuncall + 594
(eval.c:3081)
16  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00000001001458be Fbyte_code +
6814 (bytecode.c:680)
17  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0000000100108a5c funcall_lambda +
588 (eval.c:3211)
18  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0000000100108ea2 Ffuncall + 594
(eval.c:3081)
19  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00000001001458be Fbyte_code +
6814 (bytecode.c:680)
20  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0000000100108a5c funcall_lambda +
588 (eval.c:3211)
21  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0000000100108ea2 Ffuncall + 594
(eval.c:3081)
22  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00000001001458be Fbyte_code +
6814 (bytecode.c:680)
23  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0000000100108a5c funcall_lambda +
588 (eval.c:3211)
24  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0000000100108bd8 apply_lambda +
216 (eval.c:3135)
25  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0000000100108183 Feval + 643 (eval.c:2406)
26  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0000000100107577
internal_condition_case + 327 (eval.c:1490)
27  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000000010009b1bc top_level_1 + 60
(keyboard.c:1381)
28  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0000000100107680 internal_catch +
224 (eval.c:1226)
29  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000000010009b2c3 command_loop +
163 (keyboard.c:1339)
30  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000000010009b73f recursive_edit_1
+ 159 (keyboard.c:954)
31  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000000010009b8df Frecursive_edit
+ 287 (keyboard.c:1017)
32  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0000000100090ec7 main + 3447 (emacs.c:1836)
33  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0000000100001f44 start + 52

Thread 1:
0   libSystem.B.dylib             	0x00007fff8279830a __workq_kernreturn + 10
1   libSystem.B.dylib             	0x00007fff8279871c _pthread_wqthread + 917
2   libSystem.B.dylib             	0x00007fff82798385 start_wqthread + 13

Thread 2:  Dispatch queue: com.apple.libdispatch-manager
0   libSystem.B.dylib             	0x00007fff827974ea kevent + 10
1   libSystem.B.dylib             	0x00007fff827993bd _dispatch_mgr_invoke + 154
2   libSystem.B.dylib             	0x00007fff82799094
_dispatch_queue_invoke + 185
3   libSystem.B.dylib             	0x00007fff82798bbe
_dispatch_worker_thread2 + 252
4   libSystem.B.dylib             	0x00007fff827984e8 _pthread_wqthread + 353
5   libSystem.B.dylib             	0x00007fff82798385 start_wqthread + 13

Thread 0 crashed with X86 Thread State (64-bit):
  rax: 0x0000000000000000  rbx: 0x0000000000000006  rcx:
0x00007fff5fbfc5d8  rdx: 0x0000000000000000
  rdi: 0x0000000000000951  rsi: 0x0000000000000006  rbp:
0x00007fff5fbfc610  rsp: 0x00007fff5fbfc5d8
   r8: 0x0000000000000001   r9: 0x0000000000000000  r10:
0x00007fff827c88ca  r11: 0x0000000000000206
  r12: 0x0000000000000006  r13: 0x0000000100532fa8  r14:
0x000000010180000a  r15: 0x0000000101805f00
  rip: 0x00007fff827cc886  rfl: 0x0000000000000206  cr2: 0x000000010016e090

Binary Images:
       0x100000000 -        0x1001d8fef +org.gnu.Emacs Version 23.1.95
(9.0) <CE65C91E-B207-FDFD-9C79-E42AAC5812A8>
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs
    0x7fff5fc00000 -     0x7fff5fc3bdef  dyld 132.1 (???)
<B633F790-4DDB-53CD-7ACF-2A3682BCEA9F> /usr/lib/dyld
    0x7fff80003000 -     0x7fff80288fef  com.apple.security 6.1.1
(37594) <ED08CC62-42E2-E97F-E807-C09EB1CF950D>
/System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/Security
    0x7fff80289000 -     0x7fff802aafff  libresolv.9.dylib 40.0.0
(compatibility 1.0.0) <1AE68BBB-6536-125C-DE2A-13CA916D0EC4>
/usr/lib/libresolv.9.dylib
    0x7fff805e1000 -     0x7fff805e6fff  libGIF.dylib ??? (???)
<0E58DF99-B3DF-6FF9-E810-CCEC0853C8B0>
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libGIF.dylib
    0x7fff805e7000 -     0x7fff808e5fef  com.apple.HIToolbox 1.6.2
(???) <759E1C39-58EB-C434-3E33-416C04AFE6DC>
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/HIToolbox
    0x7fff8092a000 -     0x7fff8092aff7  com.apple.Accelerate 1.6
(Accelerate 1.6) <2BB7D669-4B40-6A52-ADBD-DA4DB3BC0B1B>
/System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Accelerate
    0x7fff813ed000 -     0x7fff813fbff7  libkxld.dylib ??? (???)
<E685E658-C908-95B9-8D16-8153C1CE05D7> /usr/lib/system/libkxld.dylib
    0x7fff81429000 -     0x7fff8175cfef
com.apple.CoreServices.CarbonCore 861.6 (861.6)
<652B1704-460F-F0D1-B917-B08698E0EF7F>
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/CarbonCore
    0x7fff8175d000 -     0x7fff8175eff7
com.apple.TrustEvaluationAgent 1.1 (1)
<51867586-1C71-AE37-EAAD-535A58DD3550>
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TrustEvaluationAgent.framework/Versions/A/TrustEvaluationAgent
    0x7fff817f2000 -     0x7fff81ffcfe7  libBLAS.dylib 219.0.0
(compatibility 1.0.0) <FC941ECB-71D0-FAE3-DCBF-C5A619E594B8>
/System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libBLAS.dylib
    0x7fff82078000 -     0x7fff8212efff  libobjc.A.dylib 227.0.0
(compatibility 1.0.0) <F206BE6D-8777-AE6C-B367-7BEA76C14241>
/usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib
    0x7fff8237c000 -     0x7fff823a2fe7  libJPEG.dylib ??? (???)
<85902BC7-43AE-E202-0EEE-3C9996D00971>
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libJPEG.dylib
    0x7fff8252a000 -     0x7fff82535ff7
com.apple.speech.recognition.framework 3.11.1 (3.11.1)
<F0DDF27E-DB55-07CE-E548-C62095BE8167>
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SpeechRecognition.framework/Versions/A/SpeechRecognition
    0x7fff8256f000 -     0x7fff825eefff  com.apple.audio.CoreAudio
3.2.2 (3.2.2) <2633DFAC-F6A6-489D-8DF0-F12639CCD8C4>
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreAudio.framework/Versions/A/CoreAudio
    0x7fff825f3000 -     0x7fff826c3fff  com.apple.CFNetwork 454.9.4
(454.9.4) <33395EDD-D653-6EAD-57A6-9C718D69D2DA>
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CFNetwork.framework/Versions/A/CFNetwork
    0x7fff826ff000 -     0x7fff82746ff7  com.apple.coreui 2 (114)
<D7645B59-0431-6283-7322-957D944DAB21>
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreUI.framework/Versions/A/CoreUI
    0x7fff8277d000 -     0x7fff8293cff7  libSystem.B.dylib 125.0.1
(compatibility 1.0.0) <CB9A4929-61AF-DE71-5635-133E9EC95783>
/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
    0x7fff8293d000 -     0x7fff83332fe7  com.apple.AppKit 6.6.5
(1038.29) <AC1ED9CC-6149-36EE-AA57-15BA4F05EAAA>
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/AppKit
    0x7fff83360000 -     0x7fff83374fff  libGL.dylib ??? (???)
<A85982AB-6395-DE2B-2023-F735093E663D>
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib
    0x7fff83375000 -     0x7fff837b8fef  libLAPACK.dylib 219.0.0
(compatibility 1.0.0) <0CC61C98-FF51-67B3-F3D8-C5E430C201A9>
/System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libLAPACK.dylib
    0x7fff83866000 -     0x7fff8387cfef  libbsm.0.dylib ??? (???)
<42D3023A-A1F7-4121-6417-FCC6B51B3E90> /usr/lib/libbsm.0.dylib
    0x7fff8387d000 -     0x7fff83883ff7  com.apple.DiskArbitration 2.3
(2.3) <857F6E43-1EF4-7D53-351B-10DE0A8F992A>
/System/Library/Frameworks/DiskArbitration.framework/Versions/A/DiskArbitration
    0x7fff83884000 -     0x7fff83901fef  libstdc++.6.dylib 7.9.0
(compatibility 7.0.0) <35ECA411-2C08-FD7D-11B1-1B7A04921A5C>
/usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib
    0x7fff83933000 -     0x7fff83991ff7  com.apple.framework.IOKit 2.0
(???) <516EB9AF-4723-FC17-984B-918115E53459>
/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit
    0x7fff83992000 -     0x7fff839a1fff  com.apple.NetFS 3.2.1 (3.2.1)
<FF21DB1E-F425-1005-FB70-BC19CAF4006E>
/System/Library/Frameworks/NetFS.framework/Versions/A/NetFS
    0x7fff839a2000 -     0x7fff839b3ff7  libz.1.dylib 1.2.3
(compatibility 1.0.0) <C1154E2E-B1CB-1FAD-77ED-B139BA1AB073>
/usr/lib/libz.1.dylib
    0x7fff839b9000 -     0x7fff83a6efe7  com.apple.ColorSync 4.6.3
(4.6.3) <0522B33D-F78A-9A46-1CB2-9073E4F8EFD8>
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ColorSync.framework/Versions/A/ColorSync
    0x7fff83a86000 -     0x7fff83b26fff  com.apple.LaunchServices
362.1 (362.1) <2740103A-6C71-D99F-8C6F-FA264546AD8F>
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/LaunchServices
    0x7fff83b27000 -     0x7fff83b28ff7
com.apple.audio.units.AudioUnit 1.6.3 (1.6.3)
<D4183AC4-8A65-8368-A9AF-E2A13D18519C>
/System/Library/Frameworks/AudioUnit.framework/Versions/A/AudioUnit
    0x7fff83b81000 -     0x7fff8427e037  com.apple.CoreGraphics
1.543.33 (???) <359B3BC6-0152-94D2-3CAA-D8C24C0B9E65>
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/CoreGraphics
    0x7fff8427f000 -     0x7fff842c9ff7  com.apple.Metadata 10.6.3
(507.8) <A850E5A6-69D8-EBC1-B005-43F72B58EA36>
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Metadata.framework/Versions/A/Metadata
    0x7fff842ca000 -     0x7fff842dfff7  com.apple.LangAnalysis 1.6.6
(1.6.6) <E83DAF4F-F284-BE0B-3D9D-D573023098B4>
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LangAnalysis.framework/Versions/A/LangAnalysis
    0x7fff84591000 -     0x7fff845e0fef  libTIFF.dylib ??? (???)
<D6BED22B-A092-EC70-6E1D-0B52FA6FBBDE>
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libTIFF.dylib
    0x7fff845e6000 -     0x7fff84695fff  edu.mit.Kerberos 6.5.9
(6.5.9) <42364D54-C647-14DE-2B1C-D94DAA03F092>
/System/Library/Frameworks/Kerberos.framework/Versions/A/Kerberos
    0x7fff847c3000 -     0x7fff8484ffef  SecurityFoundation 36840.0.0
(compatibility 1.0.0) <B69E2FF9-A698-4923-BC8B-180224B6EF75>
/System/Library/Frameworks/SecurityFoundation.framework/Versions/A/SecurityFoundation
    0x7fff84c0d000 -     0x7fff84c62fef
com.apple.framework.familycontrols 2.0.1 (2010)
<E6E1C44A-6513-92DF-F71E-C157C485024C>
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FamilyControls.framework/Versions/A/FamilyControls
    0x7fff84c63000 -     0x7fff84d7cfef  libGLProgrammability.dylib
??? (???) <9D2B1DA3-C581-73F8-A2E4-01C4CE1C3B32>
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLProgrammability.dylib
    0x7fff84dbe000 -     0x7fff84de9ff7  libxslt.1.dylib 3.24.0
(compatibility 3.0.0) <87A0B228-B24A-C426-C3FB-B40D7258DD49>
/usr/lib/libxslt.1.dylib
    0x7fff85177000 -     0x7fff8525dfe7  com.apple.DesktopServices
1.5.5 (1.5.5) <EFCBA7C3-A6CE-9550-FE19-73BB3D046549>
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/DesktopServicesPriv
    0x7fff854a9000 -     0x7fff854c9ff7
com.apple.DirectoryService.Framework 3.6 (621.3)
<EDCAF7ED-36E1-121F-D294-5CEBC1C34C5A>
/System/Library/Frameworks/DirectoryService.framework/Versions/A/DirectoryService
    0x7fff854ca000 -     0x7fff855effef
com.apple.audio.toolbox.AudioToolbox 1.6.3 (1.6.3)
<4DCCD01F-7516-4240-09DC-EE553317D345>
/System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Versions/A/AudioToolbox
    0x7fff85672000 -     0x7fff85690fff  libPng.dylib ??? (???)
<D0512FBF-911C-A9EC-465D-48A411509D6C>
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libPng.dylib
    0x7fff85691000 -     0x7fff8584bfff  com.apple.ImageIO.framework
3.0.2 (3.0.1) <911FA1A5-7063-6A19-73D3-95B78A265524>
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/ImageIO
    0x7fff8584c000 -     0x7fff8585efe7  libsasl2.2.dylib 3.15.0
(compatibility 3.0.0) <76B83C8D-8EFE-4467-0F75-275648AFED97>
/usr/lib/libsasl2.2.dylib
    0x7fff8585f000 -     0x7fff85861fff  libRadiance.dylib ??? (???)
<73CE39EA-E38B-4320-8A7D-11C1A08A8A7A>
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libRadiance.dylib
    0x7fff85862000 -     0x7fff858f2fff  com.apple.SearchKit 1.3.0
(1.3.0) <4175DC31-1506-228A-08FD-C704AC9DF642>
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SearchKit.framework/Versions/A/SearchKit
    0x7fff858f3000 -     0x7fff85934fff  com.apple.SystemConfiguration
1.10.2 (1.10.2) <7DADC459-6E38-084A-B333-8332B28C244E>
/System/Library/Frameworks/SystemConfiguration.framework/Versions/A/SystemConfiguration
    0x7fff85935000 -     0x7fff8599ffe7  libvMisc.dylib 268.0.1
(compatibility 1.0.0) <75A8D840-4ACE-6560-0889-2AFB6BE08E59>
/System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libvMisc.dylib
    0x7fff859cf000 -     0x7fff859d2ff7  libCoreVMClient.dylib ???
(???) <9A0E75A9-7964-CAF9-DEB7-11A073530F64>
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libCoreVMClient.dylib
    0x7fff859d3000 -     0x7fff859f8fe7  com.apple.CoreVideo 1.6.1
(45.4) <B1516554-88BC-CF1E-5409-BFF27A73D1AF>
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreVideo.framework/Versions/A/CoreVideo
    0x7fff859f9000 -     0x7fff85ab2fff  libsqlite3.dylib 9.6.0
(compatibility 9.0.0) <5A15E12A-AE8F-1A36-BBC7-564E7D7AD0FB>
/usr/lib/libsqlite3.dylib
    0x7fff85ab3000 -     0x7fff85ab8fff  libGFXShared.dylib ??? (???)
<A2C80199-6076-3CBE-E418-E0AD0A3053DE>
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGFXShared.dylib
    0x7fff85bb2000 -     0x7fff85be7ff7  libcups.2.dylib 2.8.0
(compatibility 2.0.0) <0C865212-6427-5DE4-40C4-B5739491B691>
/usr/lib/libcups.2.dylib
    0x7fff85be8000 -     0x7fff85cf7fe7  libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib 0.9.8
(compatibility 0.9.8) <826C2437-F760-E049-1719-9C69A3BAA4B0>
/usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib
    0x7fff85cf8000 -     0x7fff85e36fff  com.apple.CoreData 102.1
(251) <32233D4D-00B7-CE14-C881-6BF19FD05A03>
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreData.framework/Versions/A/CoreData
    0x7fff85e4e000 -     0x7fff85e89fff  com.apple.AE 496.4 (496.4)
<CBEDB6A1-FD85-F842-4EB8-CC289FAE0F24>
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/AE.framework/Versions/A/AE
    0x7fff85feb000 -     0x7fff8603aff7
com.apple.DirectoryService.PasswordServerFramework 6.0 (6.0)
<14FD0978-4BE0-336B-A19E-F388694583EB>
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/PasswordServer.framework/Versions/A/PasswordServer
    0x7fff860ae000 -     0x7fff860c2ff7
com.apple.speech.synthesis.framework 3.10.35 (3.10.35)
<621B7415-A0B9-07A7-F313-36BEEDD7B132>
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SpeechSynthesis.framework/Versions/A/SpeechSynthesis
    0x7fff860c3000 -     0x7fff8610cfef  libGLU.dylib ??? (???)
<FEDE662B-46B2-26D8-3E57-84E4C15A4FB2>
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLU.dylib
    0x7fff861cb000 -     0x7fff861d1ff7  IOSurface ??? (???)
<F998C45A-CCCF-2306-F37A-389EE0054CB3>
/System/Library/Frameworks/IOSurface.framework/Versions/A/IOSurface
    0x7fff866dc000 -     0x7fff86a74fe7  com.apple.QuartzCore 1.6.1
(227.18) <ADB9E286-C5AB-3505-35D2-849E1F560A2A>
/System/Library/Frameworks/QuartzCore.framework/Versions/A/QuartzCore
    0x7fff86e38000 -     0x7fff86f4ffef  libxml2.2.dylib 10.3.0
(compatibility 10.0.0) <EE067D7E-15B3-F043-6FBD-10BA31FE76C7>
/usr/lib/libxml2.2.dylib
    0x7fff86f50000 -     0x7fff86f8bfff  libncurses.5.4.dylib 5.4.0
(compatibility 5.4.0) <6D209999-FB35-3134-E6D9-833125D3DE8A>
/usr/lib/libncurses.5.4.dylib
    0x7fff86fed000 -     0x7fff87072fff
com.apple.print.framework.PrintCore 6.2 (312.5)
<E736F6DC-2E69-A14D-6BCF-69D14232F8B8>
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/PrintCore.framework/Versions/A/PrintCore
    0x7fff87073000 -     0x7fff87089ff7
com.apple.MultitouchSupport.framework 204.12.1 (204.12.1)
<38D0D705-FD15-38AE-A8B9-F9970508D1BD>
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MultitouchSupport.framework/Versions/A/MultitouchSupport
    0x7fff8708a000 -     0x7fff870dbfe7  com.apple.HIServices 1.8.0
(???) <1ABA7802-C1E4-06A0-9035-2792CC915BF6>
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIServices.framework/Versions/A/HIServices
    0x7fff875be000 -     0x7fff875c2ff7  libmathCommon.A.dylib 315.0.0
(compatibility 1.0.0) <95718673-FEEE-B6ED-B127-BCDBDB60D4E5>
/usr/lib/system/libmathCommon.A.dylib
    0x7fff87609000 -     0x7fff8777efef  com.apple.CoreFoundation
6.6.1 (550.19) <1051BA2C-DCD7-787C-907C-A50D12AA6049>
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation
    0x7fff87786000 -     0x7fff877b7fff  libGLImage.dylib ??? (???)
<7E8A6ED2-B093-0714-F65A-64ECC41187C4>
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLImage.dylib
    0x7fff87ade000 -     0x7fff87af7fff  com.apple.CFOpenDirectory
10.6 (10.6) <0F46E102-8B8E-0995-BA85-3D9608F0A30C>
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenDirectory.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CFOpenDirectory.framework/Versions/A/CFOpenDirectory
    0x7fff87b28000 -     0x7fff87ba6fff  com.apple.CoreText 3.1.0
(???) <B740DA1D-EFD0-CCBF-F893-E3004FE58A98>
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreText.framework/Versions/A/CoreText
    0x7fff87ba7000 -     0x7fff87c5cfe7  com.apple.ink.framework 1.3.3
(107) <FFC46EE0-3544-A459-2AB9-94778A75E3D4>
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Ink.framework/Versions/A/Ink
    0x7fff87c5d000 -     0x7fff87cf7fff
com.apple.ApplicationServices.ATS 4.1 (???)
<CC53C373-1B3B-7E80-25A7-F2C404222BF3>
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ATS.framework/Versions/A/ATS
    0x7fff87d74000 -     0x7fff87f32fff  libicucore.A.dylib 40.0.0
(compatibility 1.0.0) <1B6C3785-BE99-EAD5-69AB-B28C40466A82>
/usr/lib/libicucore.A.dylib
    0x7fff880e0000 -     0x7fff880e7fff  com.apple.OpenDirectory 10.6
(10.6) <72A65D76-7831-D31E-F1B3-9E48BF26A98B>
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenDirectory.framework/Versions/A/OpenDirectory
    0x7fff88129000 -     0x7fff88203ff7  com.apple.vImage 4.0 (4.0)
<354F34BF-B221-A3C9-2CA7-9BE5E14AD5AD>
/System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vImage.framework/Versions/A/vImage
    0x7fff88204000 -     0x7fff88204ff7  com.apple.Accelerate.vecLib
3.6 (vecLib 3.6) <DA9BFF01-40DF-EBD5-ABB7-787DAF2D77CF>
/System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/vecLib
    0x7fff88205000 -     0x7fff88486fe7  com.apple.Foundation 6.6.2
(751.21) <49BEB8B8-BC1F-B4E4-3D90-A141AC764A8D>
/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Versions/C/Foundation
    0x7fff8849b000 -     0x7fff8849bff7  com.apple.vecLib 3.6 (vecLib
3.6) <08D3D45D-908B-B86A-00BA-0F978D2702A7>
/System/Library/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/vecLib
    0x7fff884bf000 -     0x7fff8857ffff  libFontParser.dylib ??? (???)
<01E3B0FE-2539-61BD-E2DE-7407B01C6F03>
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ATS.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libFontParser.dylib
    0x7fff889d0000 -     0x7fff889f8fff  com.apple.DictionaryServices
1.1.1 (1.1.1) <9FD709FC-23F0-F270-EAC1-C590CD516A36>
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/DictionaryServices.framework/Versions/A/DictionaryServices
    0x7fff88a66000 -     0x7fff88a67fff  liblangid.dylib ??? (???)
<EA4D1607-2BD5-2EE2-2A3B-632EEE5A444D> /usr/lib/liblangid.dylib
    0x7fff88a68000 -     0x7fff88b25ff7
com.apple.CoreServices.OSServices 357 (357)
<7CFA1963-B639-BE99-12F1-220DF214AB50>
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/OSServices.framework/Versions/A/OSServices
    0x7fff88b26000 -     0x7fff88b49fff  com.apple.opencl 12.1 (12.1)
<AB00CB6B-5BBD-C819-007A-08C0B110AB93>
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Versions/A/OpenCL
    0x7fff88b4a000 -     0x7fff88b96fff  libauto.dylib ??? (???)
<072804DF-36AD-2DBE-7EF8-639CFB79077F> /usr/lib/libauto.dylib
    0x7fff88cb8000 -     0x7fff88cb8ff7  com.apple.CoreServices 44
(44) <210A4C56-BECB-E3E4-B6EE-7EC53E02265D>
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/CoreServices
    0x7fff88cb9000 -     0x7fff88cfafef  com.apple.QD 3.35 (???)
<78C9A560-E6F7-DC4F-F85E-E63CF8A98F0B>
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/QD.framework/Versions/A/QD
    0x7fff88cfd000 -     0x7fff88d45ff7  libvDSP.dylib 268.0.1
(compatibility 1.0.0) <170DE04F-89AB-E295-0880-D69CAFBD7979>
/System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libvDSP.dylib
    0x7fff88d80000 -     0x7fff88d80ff7  com.apple.ApplicationServices
38 (38) <10A0B9E9-4988-03D4-FC56-DDE231A02C63>
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/ApplicationServices
    0x7fff88d81000 -     0x7fff88d90ff7  com.apple.opengl 1.6.7
(1.6.7) <63D8F554-2488-4811-EEC7-672FCFAF731B>
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL
    0x7fffffe00000 -     0x7fffffe01fff  libSystem.B.dylib ??? (???)
<CB9A4929-61AF-DE71-5635-133E9EC95783> /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

Details about environment given below.
Output from M-x about-emacs
GNU Emacs 23.1.95.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin10.3.0, NS apple-appkit-1038.29)
 of 2010-04-04 on Ali-Asad-Lotias-MacBook-Pro.local
Copyright (C) 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Output of uname -a
Darwin Ali-Asad-Lotias-MacBook-Pro.local 10.3.0 Darwin Kernel Version
10.3.0: Fri Feb 26 11:58:09 PST 2010;
root:xnu-1504.3.12~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

Compiled from r 99715 of a checkout of the emacs-23 bazaar branch. The
string used to compile emacs was:
./configure --with-ns && make bootstrap && make install

Output of gcc --version:
Ali-Asad-Lotias-MacBook-Pro:buildbranch lotia$ gcc --version
i686-apple-darwin10-gcc-4.2.1 (GCC) 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5646) (dot 1)
Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

I'd be happy to provide other information, I'm just not very
experienced with emacs, you may have to describe what you need in some
detail.

Thank you,
Ali Asad Lotia