Subject: Re: bug#5833: 23.1.94; Opening files on network shares on w32 is slow

From: Mathias Dahl <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2019 10:46:30 +0200

Hi all,

Sorry for the late reply. I did a test now, on Emacs 24.3 as well as 26.1,
and I don't see the problem anymore. Many moons have passed and I am now on
Windows 10 and who knows what changes our IT dept. have done in our network
configuration.

I think this can be closed (if others does not experience this still)

Thanks for the attention though.

/Mathias

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 9:27 PM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 19:36:53 +0200
> > Cc: Mathias Dahl <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> >
> > > Meanwhile we have learned that one other possible culprit is the Net
> > > Logon service, see etc/PROBLEMS for the details and the workaround.
> >
> > Unless the original poster thinks otherwise, this indeed sounds like a
> > possible culprit.  Is there anything that Emacs can do better if that
> > is indeed the case, or is that just a limitation of Windows and its
> > Net Logon service?
>
> Maybe we could do more, but I have no idea how.  I don't know enough
> aboutr the reason for the slowness of that particular operation.
>