Subject: bug#58321: make issues.guix.gnu.org a little easier in the desktop

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 11:00:20 +0200

Hi,

On mer., 05 oct. 2022 at 21:20, jbranso--- via Bug reports for GNU Guix <[email-masked]> wrote:

> We could perhaps:
>
> 1 number each message and sidebar link
>
> 2 highlight which link in the sidebar that corresponds to the currently 
> viewed message.

I agree it could be helpful.  Just a minor workaround while waiting a
fix. :-)

For complex thread, what I do (when I do not use the Emacs front-end of
Debbugs :-)) is to read them using a Web frontend of some public-inbox
instance.  For instance,

 1. I click to the icon download [1],
 2. search Message-ID (here line 43),
 3. copy/stash it (here [email-masked]),
 4. paste it to the navigation bar appending the public-inbox URL (here
 https://yhetil.org/guix/).

Last, I am usually interested by the thread overview so I add ’/#r’ to
the URL, as in [2].

1: <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/24937/raw/10>
2: <https://yhetil.org/guix/[email-masked]/#r>

Cheers,
simon