Subject: bug#58319: 29.0.50; Not logical compilation warnings

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 14:00:02 +0300

* Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> [2022-10-06 16:06]:
> Mattias Engdegård <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > I've looked through the various contexts where the messages appear and
> > the patch below (which keeps 'X-Y') should be an improvement in all
> > cases. Anyone strongly against?
> 
> I think your change looks like an improvement -- it clarifies without
> making the warnings substantially longer.

Cutting the meaning for purpose of making warnings shorter is
detrimental.

Warnings are for human and they are not stored anywhere. You waste no
hard disk space.

--
Jean

Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/