Subject: bug#58319: closed (Re: bug#58319: 29.0.50; Not logical compilation warnings)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2022 12:08:02 +0000

Your bug report

#58319: 29.0.50; Not logical compilation warnings

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
58319: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=58319
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#58319: 29.0.50; Not logical compilation warnings
From: Mattias Engdegård <[email-masked]>
To: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 14:07:13 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

6 okt. 2022 kl. 14.22 skrev Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>:

> I think your change looks like an improvement -- it clarifies without
> making the warnings substantially longer.

Thank you, pushed to master.
(Of course '3-5' should really be '3–5' but who knows what terminal trouble that would cause.)

Subject: 29.0.50; Not logical compilation warnings
From: "Jean Louis" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2022 21:25:00 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I am testing new function M-x emacs-lisp-native-compile-and-load
and I can see some new warnings that I have not seen before.

These warnings are not enlightening neither helpful.

It is not clear what the sign + after number means. It is unclear if it
means "5 and more" or "more than five". That sign is not helpful.

To me it looks same 5+ and 5-10, as both mean to me that it is 5 and
more arguments. But maybe author wants to say what it should mean.

In rcd-db-report:
rcd-cf.el:365:8: Warning: function rcd-db-report used to take 5+ arguments,
    now takes 5-10

In cf-address-add:
rcd-cf.el:956:8: Warning: function cf-address-add used to take 0+ arguments,
    now takes 0-10

In cf-people-relations-add:
rcd-cf.el:3351:8: Warning: function cf-people-relations-add used to take 0+
    arguments, now takes 0-19

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.17.6, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2022-10-05 built on
 protected.rcdrun.com
Repository revision: 9449e0740cd97bbcdbaeb4713dc2dd51e65994fd
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101004
System Description: Parabola GNU/Linux-libre

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-native-compilation'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=exwm-xim
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
comp comp-cstr warnings icons subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs gv cl-extra
help-mode bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils rmc iso-transl tooltip eldoc
paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit
xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 79594 8370)
 (symbols 48 7181 0)
 (strings 32 20866 1702)
 (string-bytes 1 622658)
 (vectors 16 16150)
 (vector-slots 8 279952 10661)
 (floats 8 29 30)
 (intervals 56 277 0)
 (buffers 1000 13))

-- 
Jean

Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/