Subject: [bug#58310] [PATCH 04/14] gnu: Add python-hatchling-bootstrap.

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2022 12:18:10 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, 03 Nov 2022 at 18:26, Lars-Dominik Braun <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> The issue here is that many dependencies are from the module (gnu
>> packages python-xyz).  Well, moving this python-hatchling-bootstrap and
>> the next patch adding python-hatch to python-xyz does not look like the
>> correct home.  And dragging these dependencies to python-build neither.
> I think hatchling can go to python-build, since it
> contains a PEP 517 build system, but hatchling should go to
> python-xyz. python-hatchling-bootstrap should not be used anywhere,
> but build a proper python-hatchling instead. Also hatchling has no
> dependencies. These are for hatch.

Lars, I am sorry I am missed your advice about what is going where.  Is
your point to revamp a bit the bootstrap and put all in python-xyz?

> The entire patchset should also use the pyproject build system where possible.

Garek, do you want to give a try?

Cheers,
simon