Subject: bug#56709: closed (Re: bug#58290: guile ssh error on guix deploy)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 22:54:02 +0000

Your bug report

#58290: Channel opening failure with guix deploy

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
58290: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=58290
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#58290: guile ssh error on guix deploy
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Andrew Tropin <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Artyom V. Poptsov" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 23:53:16 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

The bug should be fixed with the upgrade to Guile-SSH 0.16.3 in commit
e6f557dd23fbb298afa92dba3133ed985e560699.

Thanks Artyom for the prompt fix & release!

Ludo’.

Subject: Channel opening failure with guix deploy
From: Aleksandr Vityazev <[email-masked]>
To: "bug-guix" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 19:26:41 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I use 'guix deploy' to deploy on a machine on the local network. There
is no problem using ssh as standard, but 'guix deploy' fails.  Machine
configuration:
https://paste.sr.ht/~akagi/04c11305b19b1b25d0e61a88f6892057dee01b67

So far, I do not understand how to approach this problem, I would be
very grateful for any advice.

Log:

-*- mode: compilation; default-directory: "~/dotfiles/" -*-
Compilation started at Fri Jul 22 19:46:59

make deploy
guix deploy magi/system/remote/deploy.scm
The following 1 machine will be deployed:
  home-server

guix deploy: deploying to home-server...
guix deploy: sending 0 store items (0 MiB) to '192.168.1.103'...
guix deploy: sending 0 store items (0 MiB) to '192.168.1.103'...
substitute: updating substitutes from 'http://ci.guix.trop.in'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://substitutes.nonguix.org'... 100.0%
The following derivations will be built:
  /gnu/store/fjychria4fq95iy5m1zasxnirk0y6v48-remote-exp.scm.drv
  /gnu/store/nlx7rql98r2vmcp3vsh8iyza84idygrs-switch-to-system.scm.drv
  /gnu/store/hnrjnbqgzn664zqs2wvcsvm8ld5y0vf3-system.drv
  /gnu/store/4p6q4l0ya16z0vahfp6i52r1gps82642-profile.drv
  /gnu/store/835gjdjaclznrpymk8f5ir6c259pg4xy-provenance.drv

building /gnu/store/835gjdjaclznrpymk8f5ir6c259pg4xy-provenance.drv...
building CA certificate bundle...
listing Emacs sub-directories...
building fonts directory...
building directory of Info manuals...
building database for manual pages...
building profile with 51 packages...
building /gnu/store/hnrjnbqgzn664zqs2wvcsvm8ld5y0vf3-system.drv...
building /gnu/store/nlx7rql98r2vmcp3vsh8iyza84idygrs-switch-to-system.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/fjychria4fq95iy5m1zasxnirk0y6v48-remote-exp.scm.drv...
guix deploy: sending 11 store items (2 MiB) to '192.168.1.103'...
guix deploy: sending 0 store items (0 MiB) to '192.168.1.103'...
The following derivations will be built:
  /gnu/store/p6hxcnb7drm1yhcsmhicziv1mmad1p7y-remote-exp.scm.drv
  /gnu/store/z2p4a8zq70vqcx9lk7mn0rravy6nw46r-upgrade-shepherd-services.scm.drv

building /gnu/store/z2p4a8zq70vqcx9lk7mn0rravy6nw46r-upgrade-shepherd-services.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/p6hxcnb7drm1yhcsmhicziv1mmad1p7y-remote-exp.scm.drv...
;;; [2022/07/22 19:47:46.682720, 0] [GSSH ERROR] Channel opening failure: channel 63 error (2) open failed: #<input-output: channel (closed) 7f55329f2720>
Backtrace:
In guix/store.scm:
  1380:11 19 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 7f553…> …)
   1298:8 18 (call-with-build-handler #<procedure 7f5532e12e40 at g…> …)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1752:10 17 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
In guix/scripts/deploy.scm:
    159:6 16 (_)
In guix/store.scm:
  2168:25 15 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 7f55359e6820> …)
In gnu/machine/ssh.scm:
   498:10 14 (_ _)
   499:39 13 (_ _)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1752:10 12 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
In gnu/machine/ssh.scm:
   499:39 11 (_)
In guix/store.scm:
  2168:25 10 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 7f553484f0f0> …)
In guix/remote.scm:
   138:10  9 (_ _)
In guix/store.scm:
  2040:38  8 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f553484f0f0>)
In guix/ssh.scm:
    372:2  7 (send-files #<store-connection 256.99 7f553484f0f0> _ # …)
    218:5  6 (remote-run (begin (use-modules (guix) (srfi #) # #) …) #)
In ssh/popen.scm:
     64:4  5 (open-remote-pipe* _ "r+" _ . _)
In unknown file:
           4 (channel-open-session #<input-output: channel (closed) …>)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1685:16  3 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
  1683:16  2 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
  1685:16  1 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
  1685:16  0 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)

ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
Throw to key `guile-ssh-error' with args `("channel-open-session" "Channel opening failure: channel 63 error (2) open failed" #<input-output: channel (closed) 7f55329f2720> #f)'.
make: *** [Makefile:32: deploy] Error 1

-- 
Best regards,
Aleksandr Vityazev