Subject: bug#58290: closed (Re: bug#58290: guile ssh error on guix deploy)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 22:54:01 +0000

Your bug report

#58290: guile ssh error on guix deploy

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
58290: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=58290
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#58290: guile ssh error on guix deploy
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Andrew Tropin <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Artyom V. Poptsov" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 23:53:16 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

The bug should be fixed with the upgrade to Guile-SSH 0.16.3 in commit
e6f557dd23fbb298afa92dba3133ed985e560699.

Thanks Artyom for the prompt fix & release!

Ludo’.

Subject: guile ssh error on guix deploy
From: Andrew Tropin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 15:09:12 +0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

From time to time I get the following error, the only thing I change is
IPv6 config in static-networking service.  Sometimes it fails, but after
a few more attempts with the same config it deploys sucessfully.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
-*- mode: compilation; default-directory: "~/work/abcdw/trop.in/" -*-
Compilation started at Tue Oct  4 14:19:46

make -k deploy-pinky
guix deploy ./guix/pinky.scm
The following 1 machine will be deployed:
  pinky

guix deploy: deploying to pinky...
guix deploy: sending 0 store items (0 MiB) to '23.137.249.202'...
guix deploy: sending 0 store items (0 MiB) to '23.137.249.202'...
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://substitutes.nonguix.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'http://ci.guix.trop.in'... 100.0%
The following derivations will be built:
  /gnu/store/yzilvx4jr4s7174f6azxxbb5c24311xc-remote-exp.scm.drv
  /gnu/store/sqlbbg5z19h2ww86p8nzhfbnidsm5sag-switch-to-system.scm.drv
  /gnu/store/ayssizgz8i4mnk6p2yhilqgzwim4ql7j-system.drv
  /gnu/store/9fxf3gcgi07hg5nmhjvnvlhk6829h304-provenance.drv
  /gnu/store/djs7vabv5wr3inz3pva87wfw7ya10ajq-boot.drv
  /gnu/store/smmzsd1b9v4qmncvl0pl6f0nrasp39ks-activate.scm.drv
  /gnu/store/5hpm7v0xnqqilhj7qdg66cjkf8dvkimx-activate-service.scm.drv
  /gnu/store/g62yd6a8wd081w0y4jji83dbcxhiks3i-etc.drv

building /gnu/store/9fxf3gcgi07hg5nmhjvnvlhk6829h304-provenance.drv...
building /gnu/store/g62yd6a8wd081w0y4jji83dbcxhiks3i-etc.drv...
building /gnu/store/5hpm7v0xnqqilhj7qdg66cjkf8dvkimx-activate-service.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/smmzsd1b9v4qmncvl0pl6f0nrasp39ks-activate.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/djs7vabv5wr3inz3pva87wfw7ya10ajq-boot.drv...
building /gnu/store/ayssizgz8i4mnk6p2yhilqgzwim4ql7j-system.drv...
building /gnu/store/sqlbbg5z19h2ww86p8nzhfbnidsm5sag-switch-to-system.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/yzilvx4jr4s7174f6azxxbb5c24311xc-remote-exp.scm.drv...
guix deploy: sending 10 store items (0 MiB) to '23.137.249.202'...
guix deploy: sending 0 store items (0 MiB) to '23.137.249.202'...
guix deploy: sending 0 store items (0 MiB) to '23.137.249.202'...
The following derivations will be built:
  /gnu/store/36rmj2xp0sd7lx0ndv8imkyxrh2lmmdy-remote-exp.scm.drv
  /gnu/store/823hs0g4wxdmfwmj6nn8smcnrp45a1g7-install-bootloader.scm.drv
  /gnu/store/0m7f6gg0d0iq6r99p40rw3m65z52fjiy-grub.cfg.drv

building /gnu/store/0m7f6gg0d0iq6r99p40rw3m65z52fjiy-grub.cfg.drv...
building /gnu/store/823hs0g4wxdmfwmj6nn8smcnrp45a1g7-install-bootloader.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/36rmj2xp0sd7lx0ndv8imkyxrh2lmmdy-remote-exp.scm.drv...
;;; [2022/10/04 14:20:23.191118, 0] [GSSH ERROR] Channel opening failure: channel 67 error (2) open failed: #<input-output: channel (closed) 7f7d1af9e140>
Backtrace:
In guix/store.scm:
  1402:13 19 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 7f7d1…> …)
  1377:11 18 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 7f7d1…> …)
   1295:8 17 (call-with-build-handler #<procedure 7f7d15629ea0 at g…> …)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1752:10 16 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
In guix/scripts/deploy.scm:
    168:6 15 (_)
In guix/store.scm:
  2165:25 14 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 7f7d143b0690> …)
In gnu/machine/ssh.scm:
   506:32 13 (_ _)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1752:10 12 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
In gnu/machine/ssh.scm:
   506:32 11 (_)
In guix/store.scm:
  2165:25 10 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 7f7d1207b3c0> …)
In guix/remote.scm:
   138:10  9 (_ _)
In guix/store.scm:
  2037:38  8 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f7d1207b3c0>)
In guix/ssh.scm:
    376:2  7 (send-files #<store-connection 256.99 7f7d1207b3c0> _ # …)
    222:5  6 (remote-run (begin (use-modules (guix) (srfi #) # #) …) #)
In ssh/popen.scm:
     64:4  5 (open-remote-pipe* _ "r+" _ . _)
In unknown file:
           4 (channel-open-session #<input-output: channel (closed) …>)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1685:16  3 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
  1683:16  2 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
  1685:16  1 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
  1685:16  0 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)

ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
Throw to key `guile-ssh-error' with args `("channel-open-session" "Channel opening failure: channel 67 error (2) open failed" #<input-output: channel (closed) 7f7d1af9e140> #f)'.
make: *** [Makefile:28: deploy-pinky] Error 1

Compilation exited abnormally with code 2 at Tue Oct  4 14:20:23
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

-- 
Best regards,
Andrew Tropin