Subject: bug#58290: guile ssh error on guix deploy

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 22:50:48 +0100

Hi Artyom,

"Artyom V. Poptsov" <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I figured out how to fix Guile-SSH channel "leak", so to say, that lead
> to the OpenSSH "no more sessions" problem.
>
> Please run your tests with this branch and let me know if it works for
> you (including all the edge cases):
>   https://github.com/artyom-poptsov/guile-ssh/tree/wip-fix-channel-leak

It works!  Specifically, I ran:

  guix shell guile guile-ssh \
    --with-branch=guile-ssh=wip-fix-channel-leak -- \
    guile ssh-channels.scm

and the script (same one as before) ran several hundreds of iterations
just fine.

I had looked at ‘ptob_close’ and related code but didn’t see this issue;
good catch!

If you plan to push a new release, we’ll just upgrade in Guix; otherwise
we can apply the patch locally.

Thank you!

Ludo’.