Subject: 29.0.50; (flyspell-correct-word-before-point) followed by <down> crashes emacs

From: Andrew John De Angelis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2022 17:20:11 -0400

- emacs -Q
- Eval: (turn-on-flyspell)
- write a word that's not present in the dictionary
   (I wrote "incorrectlll")
- place cursor at word
- M-x flyspell-correct-word-before-point
- press down arrow (<down>) to navigate to the 'Save word' option
- emacs crashes
   (in the terminal, this is the message:
   Fatal error 11: Segmentation fault
   zsh: abort      emacs -Q
- (note: the crash only happens if I try to navigate to the option
   using keys: when I use a mouse/trackpad, there is no apparent issue

I've tried to follow the instructions to use the gdb debugger but I
wasn't able to get it to run: I don't have a src directory, as I built
emacs using homebrew. If there's anything else I can do to provide
useful information, let me know.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin21.6.0, NS
appkit-2113.60 Version 12.6 (Build 21G115)) of 2022-10-03 built on
andrews-mbp.lan
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2113
System Description:  macOS 12.6

Configured using:
'configure --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules
--enable-locallisppath=/opt/homebrew/share/emacs/site-lisp
--infodir=/opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs-plus@29/29.0.50/share/info/emacs
--prefix=/opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs-plus@29/29.0.50 --with-xml2
--with-gnutls --with-native-compilation --without-compress-install
--without-dbus --with-imagemagick --with-modules --with-rsvg
--with-xwidgets --with-ns --disable-ns-self-contained 'CFLAGS=-Os -w
-pipe -mmacosx-version-min=12
-isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX12.sdk
-DFD_SETSIZE=10000 -DDARWIN_UNLIMITED_SELECT'
'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/homebrew/opt/zlib/include
-I/opt/homebrew/opt/jpeg/include -I/opt/homebrew/opt/icu4c/include
-I/opt/homebrew/opt/[email-masked]/include
-I/opt/homebrew/opt/readline/include -isystem/opt/homebrew/include
-F/opt/homebrew/Frameworks
-isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX12.sdk'
'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/homebrew/opt/zlib/lib -L/opt/homebrew/opt/jpeg/lib
-L/opt/homebrew/opt/icu4c/lib -L/opt/homebrew/opt/[email-masked]/lib
-L/opt/homebrew/opt/readline/lib -L/opt/homebrew/lib
-F/opt/homebrew/Frameworks -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names
-isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX12.sdk''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS IMAGEMAGICK JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP XIM XWIDGETS ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
comp comp-cstr warnings icons subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs gv cl-extra
help-mode bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils rmc iso-transl tooltip eldoc
paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode
mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads xwidget-internal kqueue cocoa
ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 75976 9307)
(symbols 48 7044 0)
(strings 32 18851 2756)
(string-bytes 1 602506)
(vectors 16 16382)
(vector-slots 8 329785 12666)
(floats 8 27 30)
(intervals 56 293 0)
(buffers 1000 11))