Subject: bug#58286: 29.0.50; (dired-toggle-read-only) should verify if file names changed

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 13:59:50 +0200

Jean Louis <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Do you have a step-by-step recipe, starting from "emacs -Q", that
>> demonstrates the problem?
>
> It is explained above. The file my-file.ext.part was edited, but then
> at some point the file named changed during editing, or file may be
> removed. After editing, the buffer was not refreshed. I could see new
> file name in the buffer while that file did not exist.
>
> With emacs -Q I see that it refreshes.
>
> I can't understand why and how, that is what happened. I do not change
> dired myself in anyway, even if not used with emacs -Q.

That's still not a step-by-step recipe -- I don't understand what you
say you've done, or what you're seeing.

If the case is that you can't repeat the problem, but that it was
something odd that happened once, but you don't know how or why, then I
don't think we're going to get any further here.