Subject: bug#58283: closed (Re: bug#58283: 29.0.50; calendar-goto-day-of-year => wrong-type-argument numberp)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 12:15:02 +0000

Your bug report

#58283: 29.0.50; calendar-goto-day-of-year => wrong-type-argument numberp 

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
58283: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=58283
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#58283: 29.0.50; calendar-goto-day-of-year => wrong-type-argument numberp
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 15:14:27 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 12:07:54 +0200
> 
> On Tue, 04 Oct 2022 12:58:38 +0300 Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> >> Cc: [email-masked]
> >> From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
> >> Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 10:54:55 +0200
> >>
> >> On Tue, 04 Oct 2022 09:36:49 +0530 Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >>
> >> > Steps:
> >> >
> >> > 1. emacs -Q
> >> > 2. M-x calendar RET g D RET RET
> >> >
> >> > =>
> >> >
> >> > Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument numberp nil)
> >> >   abs(nil)
> >> >   #f(compiled-function (x) #<bytecode 0x1f4df5e08d503a2b>)(nil)
> >> >   calendar-read-sexp("Day number (+/- 1-%d)" #f(compiled-function (x)
> >> > #<bytecode 0x1f4df5e08d503a2b>) nil 365)
> >> >   byte-code("\300\301\302\303
> >> > \304\18\262\1#\211\211\305W\203\30\0\306\1!S\262\1\211\307\246\305U\205.\0\211\310\246\305U?\206.\0\211\311\246\305U\262\1\2037..."
> >> > [calendar-read-sexp "Year (>0)" #f(compiled-function (x) #<bytecode
> >> > -0x1433d194a6bf3cb2>) calendar-current-date 2 0 abs 4 100 400 366 365 "Day
> >> > number (+/- 1-%d)" make-closure #f(compiled-function (x) #<bytecode
> >> > 0x79fd4d90378a2b>) nil] 7)
> >> >   call-interactively(calendar-goto-day-of-year nil nil)
> >> >   command-execute(calendar-goto-day-of-year)
> >>
> >> The value of the `default' argument in the calendar-read-sexp call here
> >> has to be a number instead of nil.
> >> But what number?  1, 365, (random 365), ...?
> >
> > I decided that today's day number is a good default.
> 
> Seems reasonable (though displaying that default value in the prompt
> ("Day number (+/- 1-365) (default 277): ") may make innocent users of
> the command wonder about it; though maybe that's not so bad...).

Let's see if users start complaining.  My guess is that no one ever
used the default anyway, until now.

> > Please see if the latest master solves this, and thanks.
> 
> Works for me.

Thanks, closing.

Subject: 29.0.50; calendar-goto-day-of-year => wrong-type-argument numberp
From: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 09:36:49 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Steps:

1. emacs -Q
2. M-x calendar RET g D RET RET

=>

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument numberp nil)
  abs(nil)
  #f(compiled-function (x) #<bytecode 0x1f4df5e08d503a2b>)(nil)
  calendar-read-sexp("Day number (+/- 1-%d)" #f(compiled-function (x) #<bytecode 0x1f4df5e08d503a2b>) nil 365)
  byte-code("\300\301\302\303 \304\18\262\1#\211\211\305W\203\30\0\306\1!S\262\1\211\307\246\305U\205.\0\211\310\246\305U?\206.\0\211\311\246\305U\262\1\2037..." [calendar-read-sexp "Year (>0)" #f(compiled-function (x) #<bytecode -0x1433d194a6bf3cb2>) calendar-current-date 2 0 abs 4 100 400 366 365 "Day number (+/- 1-%d)" make-closure #f(compiled-function (x) #<bytecode 0x79fd4d90378a2b>) nil] 7)
  call-interactively(calendar-goto-day-of-year nil nil)
  command-execute(calendar-goto-day-of-year)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.24, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2022-10-04 built on anant
Repository revision: 3583f6184d738f1760b9c5467edafd5095f5d3e2
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/pankaj/.local'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_IN.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  cursor-sensor-mode: t
  hl-line-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/pankaj/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20220918.2101/transient hides /home/pankaj/.local/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort bbdb-message mail-extr emacsbug cursor-sensor utf-7 nndraft
nnmh nnfolder nnml bbdb-gnus bbdb-mua bbdb-com epa-file gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp gnus-cache .gnus
diary-lib diary-loaddefs magit-base magit-section compat-27 compat-26
cal-move etags fileloop help-fns radix-tree mm-archive network-stream
url-cache url-http url-auth url-gw nsm gnus-dired dired-aux
display-line-numbers yaml-mode conf-mode sh-script smie executable
tramp-cache time-stamp prettier nvm f f-shortdoc shortdoc s iter2
json-mode json-snatcher js mule-util markdown-mode autorevert hl-line
cl-extra ol-eww eww xdg url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info
ol-gnus nnselect gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls
dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group
gnus-undo ol-docview doc-view image-mode exif ol-bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m
ol-doi org-link-doi jka-compr vc-hg vc-git diff-mode vc-bzr vc-src
vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view pcvs-util editorconfig-core
editorconfig-core-handle editorconfig-fnmatch desktop frameset checkdoc
elec-pair init my-init kunji hdfc org-element avl-tree generator org
org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
noutline outline org-version ob-plantuml ob-sql ob-css ob-js ob-java
ob-C cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine ob-python ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
ob-comint ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex ol
org-keys oc org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs gnus-start gnus-dbus
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message sendmail yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822
mml mm-decode mm-bodies mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
nnheader mail-utils range erc-join solar cal-dst cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs delight server modus-operandi-theme modus-themes
ef-dark-theme ef-themes eglot array filenotify jsonrpc ert ewoc debug
backtrace find-func flymake-proc flymake pcase plantuml-mode dash cider
tramp-sh cider-debug cider-browse-ns cider-mode cider-find
cider-inspector cider-completion cider-profile cider-eval cider-jar
arc-mode archive-mode cider-repl-history pulse cider-repl cider-resolve
cider-test cider-overlays cider-stacktrace cider-doc cider-browse-spec
help-mode cider-clojuredocs cider-eldoc cider-client cider-common xref
cider-connection cider-util color cider-popup easy-mmode sesman-browser
nrepl-client tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration cus-edit
cus-load warnings icons wid-edit files-x tramp-compat shell pcomplete
parse-time ls-lisp queue nrepl-dict spinner sesman vc vc-dispatcher
clojure-mode lisp-mnt align imenu parseedn parseclj-parser parseclj-lex
parseclj-alist editorconfig rust-utils rust-mode rust-playpen
rust-compile compile rust-cargo rust-rustfmt font-latex tex dbus xml crm
texmathp corfu which-key exec-path-from-shell bbdb bbdb-site timezone
dictionary dictionary-connection savehist python project mml-sec
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums
mail-prsvr epa derived epg rfc6068 gnus-util text-property-search
epg-config erc-services erc-networks erc-goodies erc-backend erc
erc-compat compat compat-macs iso8601 time-date pp format-spec
erc-loaddefs add-log cc-vars cc-defs sql view thingatpt comint ansi-osc
ansi-color ring finder-inf auctex-autoloads tex-site bbdb-autoloads
cider-autoloads clojure-mode-autoloads corfu-autoloads debbugs-autoloads
delight-autoloads denote-autoloads docker-compose-mode-autoloads
dockerfile-mode-autoloads ef-themes-autoloads eglot-autoloads
ement-autoloads exec-path-from-shell-autoloads gnuplot-autoloads
go-mode-autoloads graphql-mode-autoloads groovy-mode-autoloads
gtags-mode-autoloads haskell-mode-autoloads json-mode-autoloads rx
json-snatcher-autoloads magit-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
marginalia-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads nov-autoloads
esxml-autoloads kv-autoloads parseedn-autoloads parseclj-autoloads
php-mode-autoloads plantuml-mode-autoloads plz-autoloads
prettier-autoloads editorconfig-autoloads nvm-autoloads f-autoloads
iter2-autoloads queue-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads s-autoloads
sesman-autoloads spinner-autoloads svg-lib-autoloads
taxy-magit-section-autoloads taxy-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
dash-autoloads transient-autoloads tree-sitter-langs-autoloads
tree-sitter-autoloads tsc-autoloads vertico-autoloads
which-key-autoloads with-editor-autoloads info compat-autoloads
yaml-mode-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib early-init rmc
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 2262886 88636)
 (symbols 48 51618 0)
 (strings 32 337100 11805)
 (string-bytes 1 10716518)
 (vectors 16 101487)
 (vector-slots 8 1143430 59338)
 (floats 8 903 317)
 (intervals 56 185255 1158)
 (buffers 1000 79))