Subject: Re: bug#58282: Distinguishing glasses-mode display

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 15:43:03 +0300

> From: Christopher Dimech <[email-masked]>
> Cc: uzibalqa <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2022 13:47:33 +0200
> 
> > I think we have this already: customize glasses-face to some distinct
> > face, like 'bold'.  Then the capital letters of identifiers where
> > glasses.el inserted underscores will be shown in bold, and you can
> > visually distinguish them from the original underscores.
> 
> Because I use bold font the default does not work for me.

??? What default?  The default is that glasses-face is just nil, so no
special face is put on any parts of the identifiers.  'bold' was just
an example of a non-default face; you can use any face there.

> I want to make the changes in my init file.  How can I change the
> foreground and background colour of the glasses matches?

You can't.  This face is not about changing the matches, it is about
changing the appearance of the capital letters in identifiers where
glasses-mode adds the separator (which is underscore _ by default)

> Is it possible for users to use a UTF8 Code as separator, and if so,
> how can this be done?

Customize the variable glasses-separator.  (This has nothing to do
with the original bug report, though.)