Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 00/13] Add rdkit v2.

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2022 12:02:00 +0200

Am Freitag, dem 07.10.2022 um 15:21 +0000 schrieb David Elsing:
> Thanks a lot for your comments, they are very helpful!
> Sorry about the descriptions, I took them mostly from upstream. :)
> Are they still too short?
I don't think we can magically poof good descriptions into existence
when upstreams don't provide them.  That being said, it's best to clean
up whatever's there.  Changing descriptions is a lowball issue, though,
I (or another committer) can do so as we're upstreaming it.

> I still have the following problems:
> * The tests of tinydir contain a bundled fork of cbehave which uses a
>   (bundled) copy of rlutil, so I left them disabled for now.
I mentioned this in a reply to another message already, but the idea
would be to 1. try to use upstream versions or 2. try to package the
bundles. 

> * Building the documentation of yaehmop with pdflatex is not
> reproducible even
>   though I set FORCE_SOURCE_DATE=1. Is it even necessary to build the
>   documentation?
Maybe pdftrailerid can help you?  You could also try to convert the
documentation into a reproducible format -- e.g. using pandoc.

> * Using @abbr in the description does not work (I also did not find
> it in any
>   other package).
My bad, that should be @acronym.

Cheers