Subject: Re: bug#58252: 29.0.50; Docstrings generated by defclass may be to wide

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2022 08:29:26 -0700

Jonas Bernoulli <[email-masked]> writes:

> The docstrings generated by helper functions of defclass are to wide
> if the name of the class is wide enough.  For example, the docstring
> for `emacsql-sqlite-builtin-connection--eieio-childp' is:
>
> ,----
> | emacsql-sqlite-builtin-connection--eieio-childp is a byte-compiled
> | Lisp function in `emacsql-sqlite-builtin.el'.
> |
> | (emacsql-sqlite-builtin-connection--eieio-childp OBJ)
> |
> | Return non-nil if OBJ is an object of type `emacsql-sqlite-builtin-connection' or a subclass.
> `----
>
> This affects at least the --eieio-childp, -child-p, -list-p and -p
> functions.

Thanks, I pushed a fix for this (commit 0a40120b40).  Could you please
test it?

If it's still not working, please give examples of docstrings where it
doesn't.