Subject: Re: [bug#58231] [PATCH 2/2] packages: Raise an exception for invalid 'license' values.

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 12:22:18 +0200

Hi,

Well, I am a bit late. :-)

On sam., 01 oct. 2022 at 18:20, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

>  ;; A package.
>  (define-record-type* <package>
>    package make-package
> @@ -574,7 +607,8 @@ (define-record-type* <package>
>              (sanitize validate-texinfo))          ; one-line description
>    (description package-description
>                 (sanitize validate-texinfo))       ; one or two paragraphs
> -  (license package-license)                       ; (list of) <license>
> +  (license package-license                        ; (list of) <license>
> +           (sanitize validate-license))
>    (home-page package-home-page)
>    (supported-systems package-supported-systems    ; list of strings
>                       (default %supported-systems))

This change is the core, IIUC.  The question is: does it make sense to
have something similar for all the fields?

For instance, the fields ’name’ and ’verson’ are expected to be ’string’
and could be similarly checked?

Although, the overhead by «Compute derivation» could too much.

Cheers,
simon