Subject: [bug#58223] [PATCH 0/1] dhclient record configuration

From: Alexey Abramov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2022 15:11:12 +0200

With this patch, dhclient will get its configuration record. The main
reason for this is to be able to define a list of interfaces dhclient should
be listening to. Such cases are common for routers and other network devices.

This patch provides a deprecation message in case someone uses a custom
dhclient package for this service, and recommends switching to a proper
configuration.

However, there is one thing that is not clear to me. I am configuring my
router, where I have to have dhclient service which has to get an IP from the
upstream, and also have dhcpd configuration for my private internal networks.
Both services provision '(networking), which is not allowed right now.

Alexey Abramov (1):
  services: dhcp-client: Implement and use a configuration record

 doc/guix.texi               |  18 +++++-
 gnu/services/networking.scm | 114 ++++++++++++++++++++++--------------
 2 files changed, 85 insertions(+), 47 deletions(-)

-- 
2.36.1