Subject: bug#58221: nautilus: Crashes loading KgxNautilus plugin twice (problems with NAUTILUS_EXTENSION_PATH)

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 10:42:25 +0000

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Samstag, dem 01.10.2022 um 13:29 +0200 schrieb Tobias Kortkamp:
>> Hi,
>> 
>> The problem seems to be that NAUTILUS_EXTENSION_PATH contains the
>> same path twice and that it tries to load KgxNautilus from each of
>> the paths:
>> 
>> $ echo $NAUTILUS_EXTENSION_PATH
>> /run/current-system/profile/lib/nautilus/site-
>> extensions:/run/current-system/profile/lib/nautilus/site-extensions
>> 
>> Running Nautilus like this works fine:
>> 
>> $ NAUTILUS_EXTENSION_PATH=/run/current-
>> system/profile/lib/nautilus/site-extensions nautilus
>
> I only know of one thing setting this variable, that being nautilus'
> search-path.  Do you by chance source some profile multiple times?

There might be a related issue where there's duplicates in search paths,
I've tested in a simple VM and I see the duplication in
NAUTILUS_EXTENSION_PATH.

Anyway, this probably should be something that doesn't cause nautilus to
segfault.

Chris