Subject: Re: [bug#58208] [PATCH 4/7] gnu: Add sonic-visualiser.

From: "(" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 19:57:02 +0100

On Sat Oct 1, 2022 at 1:22 AM BST, Lilah Tascheter via Guix-patches via wrote:
> +              (uri (string-append
> +                     "https://github.com/sonic-visualiser/sonic-visualiser"
> +                     "/releases/download/sv_v" version "/sonic-visualiser-"
> +                     version ".tar.gz"))

file-name, please.

> +              (sha256
> +                (base32
> +                  "18w2mf4c6sis0lg6dq75v4zb8q9rbmbmlfvcvk60lyqynmvq4yy5"))))

Too many spaces again :)

> +    (arguments (list #:tests? #f)) ;; tests fail due to build sandbox

Could you please be more specific here? How does it fail? Also, the usual
practice in Scheme is to use a single semicolon for comments at the *end*
of a line (as opposed to two for a full line, three for a whole section of
a file, and four for the whole file).

> +    (inputs (list alsa-lib

Put the (list ...) on a new line.

> +    (home-page "https://sonicvisualiser.org")

home-page goes before synopsis.

    -- (