Subject: [bug#58208] [PATCH 1/7] gnu: Add oggz.

From: "(" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 19:48:00 +0100

Hey Lilah :),

On Sat Oct 1, 2022 at 1:22 AM BST, Lilah Tascheter via Guix-patches via wrote:
> +             (uri (string-append "https://downloads.xiph.org/releases/liboggz/"
> +                                 "liboggz-" version ".tar.gz"))

Add a file-name field below uri like this:

  (file-name (string-append name "-" version ".tar.gz"))

> +             (sha256
> +               (base32
                 ^
> +                 "0nj17lhnsw4qbbk8jy4j6a78w6v2llhqdwq46g44mbm9w2qsvbvb"))))
                   ^
Remove these spaces.

> +    (propagated-inputs (list util-linux)) ;; for getopt in oggz-diff

Try to avoid propagated-inputs if possible; instead, patch the
src/tools/ogg-diff.in file to refer to commands directly, e.g.

  (substitute* "src/tools/ogg-diff.in"
    (("`getopt")
     (string-append "`"
                    (search-input-file inputs "bin/getopt"))))

Do the same for any other commands referenced in the script (even
basic things like ls) so that the script works inside a

  guix shell oggz --pure

> +    (synopsis "Library and cli tool for working with Ogg files")

s/cli/command line/

> +    (description "A C library for reading and writing Ogg files and streams in
> +multiple formats, bundled with cli tools to inspect, validate, crop, and edit
> +Ogg files.")

Use full sentences for descriptions.

> +    (home-page "https://xiph.org/oggz/")))

home-page usually goes between the various input fields and synopsis.

    -- (