Subject: bug#58200: osc.el name conflict

From: Matthias Meulien <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 22:10:14 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Matthias Meulien <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Sure.  And I can do the renaming, but what would be a good name?
>> What do you think of osc-sequences.el?
>
> Would ansi-osc.el be totally misleading?

I am ok with that.

My understanding was that OSC sequences are more related to ECMA because
the most precise description I read is here:
https://www.ecma-international.org/publications-and-standards/standards/ecma-48/
but Wikipedia page on ANSI escape sequences tends to present OSC
sequences as a particular case of ANSI sequences, aligned with your
suggestion,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANSI_escape_code#OSC_(Operating_System_Command)_sequences.

We could use the prefix ansi-osc- which isn't that long.
-- 
Matthias