Subject: bug#58196: Trivial update to ediprolog

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2022 14:07:54 -0400

Markus Triska [2022-10-28 18:49:51] wrote:
> Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:
>> Apparently it's a problem in the CSS.  I installed a change which seems
>> to fix it, but there's probably a more elegant and reliable way to do it.
>   1) Text that is intended to be bold is sometimes not shown in bold. For
>      example, even though line 76 of README.md starts with:
>
>        Use **M-x ediprolog-localize RET** to make any Prolog process
>
>      the text 'M-x ediprolog-localize RET' is not displayed in bold.

I think this is fixed now, thanks.

>   2) The link to ediprolog.el (line 23 of README.md) does not work.

Relative links don't work, indeed.  I don't know how we could/should fix them.
We don't actually have an `ediprolog.el` file nearby in the website.

In this particular case, I think the better option is just to remove the
link and the whole discussion of how to install it, since that's the
same as for all other packages :-)
[ And some of that info is already mentioned earlier in
  https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/ediprolog.html ]

>   3) The image in line 101 of README.md is not shown.

I think it's the same problem that the relative link to `factorial.png`
fails.  The case is a bit different in the sense that I can't argue this
time that the link is redundant anyway :-)

Maybe we could try and recognize those links and redirect them to something like
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/elpa.git/plain/factorial.png?h=externals/ediprolog
but going through `cgit` is rather inefficient (and recognizing those
links reliably is not completely trivial either).

        Stefan