Subject: bug#58196: Trivial update to ediprolog

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 22:08:03 -0400

> Thank you, I will look into this! One remaining issue I noticed is that
> the formatting of the ELPA description page seems to be a bit broken
> now, in particular (1) the result of the sample query

Hmm... that looks quite odd indeed.  Looks like a bug in the markdown
rendering into HTML or a side-effect of the CSS we apply to it.

> and also (2) the
> table showing the key sequences on this page:

This one is normal/expected: we currently only support the "plainest"
markdown, not extensions like tables.

> Why does this issue arise, is this an issue of Markdown rendering, and
> can I do anything to display the page as intended?

If you happen to know a bit about HTML, it would help if you looked at
the generated HTML for the query result and tell me if the problem is in
the HTML itself or the CSS applied to it.

And if you know about markdown processors, it would help if you could
provide guidance as to which one to use and how to configure it so it
only supports a limited set of extensions (I'd rather not get tied to
a particular set of extensions only supported by a particular processor,
which is why I currently use the no-frills `markdown` from the
`markdown` Debian package).

        Stefan