Subject: bug#58196: Trivial update to ediprolog

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 09:26:33 -0400

> It will make 2 changes:
>
> - Change copyright line to make it compatible with GNU ELPA requirements.
> - Add a `Version: 2.2` header line so GNU ELPA can make a release of the
>   new code.
> - Tell Git that those changes have been merged, so it can properly track
>   future changes from your repository.

I added a hack in GNU ELPA's scripts to deal with the third point, but
the other two are still a problem:

- As long as you use another copyright line, every time you make a change
  to that line, the automatic merge will fail because of a merge
  conflict, so it will require manual intervention.

- As long as you don't use the `Version:` header, the scripts won't know
  when you want to make a new release, so again manual intervention will
  be needed every time you want to make a release.

Could you please please pretty please help me reduce my workload by
avoiding those needs for human intervention?

The best way you can do that is:

    cd .../where/you/keep/your/clone/of/ediprolog/
    git fetch git://git.sv.gnu.org/emacs/elpa.git scratch/ediprolog 
    git merge FETCH_HEAD

-- Stefan