Subject: Re: Trivial update to ediprolog

From: Markus Triska <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2022 09:29:10 +0200

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

> [ BTW, you've signed the copyright paperwork which transferred the
>   copyright to the FSF, so you technically do not own the copyright to
>   that file any more, so your upstream code's copyright line is
>   incorrect.  ]

The jurisdiction where I reside guarantees authors' rights as opposed to
copyright. Certain rights I have as the sole author of ediprolog.el
cannot be transferred, except by inheritance, even if I wanted to
transfer them (§ 23 Abs. 3 UrhG). The rights I have as the author of
ediprolog.el include the right to decide whether and how to display that
I am its author (§ 20 Abs. 1 UrhG).

In the master file of ediprolog.el, I am using the copyright notice as
the usual way ("übliche Weise") in which authorship is indicated in
code. This is to satisfy the conditions of § 12 UrhG to indicate me as
the author of the code. Since I am the author, the notice it correct.

I have the rights I mentioned also without this notice, and therefore I
accept changes you make to this notice if they are required to
distribute ediprolog.el on ELPA. The master file I provide in the
jurisdiction where I reside will retain the notice for the reason above.

Thank you and all the best,
Markus