Subject: bug#58196: 27.0.50; ediprolog 2.2: Please upload the new version to ELPA

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2022 14:37:13 -0400

> Yes, I have made a public repository available at:
>
>     https://github.com/triska/ediprolog/

Could you merge that history with that of elpa.git?
I.e. start with

    git remote add -p externals/ediprolog elpa \
               git://git.sv.gnu.org/emacs/elpa.git

and then try something like

    git merge elpa/externals/ediprolog

It might be rather messy done this way.  You may need to start by
merging the elpa history with the closest matching version in your
history (maybe commit 751119cfee9efb52e89d0387d795f3b0c181299d?):

    git reset --hard 751119cfee9efb52e89d0387d795f3b0c181299d
    git merge elpa/externals/ediprolog
    [ resolve any conflicts, and make any other changes you like ]
    git merge

elpa.git won't be able to follow your repository until that repository's
HEAD is a "fast forward" so this "merging" is necessary.  You can make
it "trivial" by throwing away any and all changes that actually come
from `elpa/externals/ediprolog`: only the metadata needs to say that
the commits of `elpa/externals/ediprolog` have all been merged.

        Stefan