Subject: Re: bug#58193: 29.0.50; Screen flickers on with-locale-environment

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2022 07:37:56 +0200

Sorry for the "telegram" ;-)

I have been working all day yesterday using my functions using
'with-locale-environment' and I didn't experience any flicker.
On that side good. On the other hand, I still think that a macro only
controlling the system-locale for the time functions may be useful despite,
I admit, being somehow redundant. My feeling is that many of the settings
changed in with-locale-environment don't need to be changed for
format-time-string.

Digression: What about adding a third (optional) parameter to
format-time-string to set the locale for a specific call? This could be an
alternative which might be more-lightweight than with-locale-environment,
wouldn't it?

Best, /PA

On Sun, 2 Oct 2022 at 14:00, Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > And, at least in my initial test it doesn't
>
> [...]
>
> >  There should be no flickers with with-locale-environment, either, so it
> >  seems redundant.
>
> Does this mean that `with-locale-environment' doesn't flicker the screen
> for you any more?  I'm not sure how to parse that response...
>

-- 
Fragen sind nicht da um beantwortet zu werden,
Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden
Georg Kreisler

Headaches with a Juju log:
unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should run
a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet