Subject: bug#58184: Faulty font selection for Latin characters

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 09:03:24 +0300

> From: समीर सिंह Sameer Singh
>  <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 04:49:37 +0530
> 
> codepoints of faulty characters in the above mail:
> ṣ #x1e63
> ṇ #x1e47
> ḍ #x1e0d

Please _always_ show the actual text, not just an image of its
display.  It is practically impossible to know what text you used
given just its display screenshot, especially when character
compositions are involved.

In any case, we will need a reproducible recipe starting from
"emacs -Q".  Also, please include in your report the output of

   M-: (font-at (point)) RET

for the "good" and the "faulty" characters.

In general, reporting issues with fonts need as many specific details
as you can collect, because these issues are inherently
system-specific, due to different sets of fonts installed on each
system, and due to font customizations that are outside of Emacs (on
the Fontconfig level).  The probability of getting unreproducible
results is very high, and each detail helps.