Subject: bug#62846: closed (Re: bug#58183: 29.0.50; Extra spacing before '@' in emacsclient modeline)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 12:41:02 +0000

Your bug report

#58183: 29.0.90; Mode line gap when using emacsclient

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
58183: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=58183
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#58183: 29.0.50; Extra spacing before '@' in emacsclient modeline
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Ulrich Müller <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 15:40:11 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Ulrich Müller <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>,
>     <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 12:48:40 +0200
> 
> The following patch fixes the problem for me.

Thanks, installed on the master branch, and closing the bug.

Subject: 29.0.90; Mode line gap when using emacsclient
From: Gustavo Barros <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 19:24:18 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi All,

I'm trying the pretest here (btw, thank you!) and I found an extra
space in the mode line, which is likely not expected/intended, when
running emacsclient.

Calling:

    $ emacs --daemon -Q
    $ emacsclient -c

I get a "gap", I think between `mode-line-mule-info' and
`mode-line-client' (see annexed image). It does not happen when
calling `emacs` directly, only on the client.

This is probably due to the new `display' property added to
`standard-mode-line-format`. Indeed, if the old value of
`mode-line-format' is used, the gap is gone.

Best regards,
Gustavo.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.90 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.33, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-04-10 built on gusbrs-desktop
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101003
System Description: Linux Mint 21.1

Configured using:
 'configure --with-mailutils --with-xwidgets --with-native-compilation
 --without-compress-install'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2
XPM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: pt_BR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: pt_BR.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  server-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
comp comp-cstr warnings icons subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs gv cl-extra
help-mode bytecomp byte-compile cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils server rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads xwidget-internal dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 75324 9726)
 (symbols 48 7236 0)
 (strings 32 19266 2620)
 (string-bytes 1 608278)
 (vectors 16 15666)
 (vector-slots 8 331069 12731)
 (floats 8 32 46)
 (intervals 56 217 0)
 (buffers 984 12))