Subject: bug#58167: closed (Re: bug#58167: 29.0.50; Loading wallpaper signals an error)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 17:06:02 +0000

Your bug report

#58167: 29.0.50; Loading wallpaper signals an error

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
58167: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=58167
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#58167: 29.0.50; Loading wallpaper signals an error
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 20:04:40 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 09:45:26 -0700
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > As per the Subject.
> >
> > To reproduce:
> >
> >   emacs -Q
> >   M-x load-library RET wallpaper RET
> >
> > I get the same error when I invoke "M-x wallpaper-set RET".
> 
> Thanks, this should be fixed on master (commit 696c528379).
> 
> Could you please test if it works for you?

It works, thanks.

Subject: 29.0.50; Loading wallpaper signals an error
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 19:13:21 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

As per the Subject.

To reproduce:

  emacs -Q
  M-x load-library RET wallpaper RET

I get the same error when I invoke "M-x wallpaper-set RET".

Here's the backtrace from loading wallpaper.el:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument wallpaper-setter nil)
  signal(wrong-type-argument (wallpaper-setter nil))
  (or (and (memq (type-of cl-x) cl-struct-wallpaper-setter-tags) t) (signal 'wrong-type-argument (list 'wallpaper-setter cl-x)))
  (progn (or (and (memq (type-of cl-x) cl-struct-wallpaper-setter-tags) t) (signal 'wrong-type-argument (list 'wallpaper-setter cl-x))) (aref cl-x 2))
  (let ((cl-x (wallpaper--find-setter))) (progn (or (and (memq (type-of cl-x) cl-struct-wallpaper-setter-tags) t) (signal 'wrong-type-argument (list 'wallpaper-setter cl-x))) (aref cl-x 2)))
  wallpaper--find-command()
  (closure (wallpaper-command-args cl-struct-wallpaper-setter-tags t) nil "" (wallpaper--find-command))()
  funcall((closure (wallpaper-command-args cl-struct-wallpaper-setter-tags t) nil "" (wallpaper--find-command)))
  eval((funcall #'(closure (wallpaper-command-args cl-struct-wallpaper-setter-tags t) nil "" (wallpaper--find-command))))
  custom-initialize-reset(wallpaper-command (funcall #'(closure (wallpaper-command-args cl-struct-wallpaper-setter-tags t) nil "" (wallpaper--find-command))))
  custom-declare-variable(wallpaper-command (funcall #'(closure (wallpaper-command-args cl-struct-wallpaper-setter-tags t) nil "" (wallpaper--find-command))) "Executable used by `wallpaper-set' for setting the..." :type (choice (radio (const :tag "gsettings                   (GNOME)" "gsettings") (const :tag "plasma-apply-wallpaperimage (KDE Plasma)" "plasma-apply-wallpaperimage") (const :tag "xfconf-query                (XFCE)" "xfconf-query") (const :tag "pcmanf                      (LXDE)" "pcmanf") (const :tag "pcmanf-qt                   (LXQt)" "pcmanf-qt") (const :tag "swaybg                      (Wayland/Sway)" "swaybg") (const :tag "wbg                         (Wayland)" "wbg") (const :tag "gm                          (X Window System)" "gm") (const :tag "display                     (X Window System)" "display") (const :tag "feh                         (X Window System)" "feh") (const :tag "fbsetbg                     (X Window System)" "fbsetbg") (const :tag "xwallpaper                  (X Window System)" "xwallpaper") (const :tag "hsetroot                    (X Window System)" "hsetroot") (const :tag "xloadimage                  (X Window System)" "xloadimage") (const :tag "xsetbg                      (X Window System)" "xsetbg") (const :tag "osascript                   (macOS)" "osascript")) (const :tag "Other (specify)" string) (const :tag "None" nil)) :set wallpaper--set-wallpaper-command :group image :version "29.1")
  eval-buffer(#<buffer  *load*> nil "emacs/trunk/lisp/image/wallpaper.el" nil t)  ; Reading at buffer position 12390
  load-with-code-conversion("emacs/trunk/lisp/image/wallpaper.el" "emacs/trunk/lisp/image/wallpaper.el" nil nil)
  load("emacs/trunk/lisp/image/wallpaper.el" nil nil t)
  load-file("emacs/trunk/lisp/image/wallpaper.el")
  funcall-interactively(load-file "emacs/trunk/lisp/image/wallpaper.el")
  call-interactively(load-file record nil)
  command-execute(load-file record)
  execute-extended-command(nil "load-file" "load-fi")
  funcall-interactively(execute-extended-command nil "load-file" "load-fi")
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)
  command-execute(execute-extended-command)

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1964, i686-pc-mingw32) of 2022-09-29 built
 on HOME-C4E4A596F7
Repository revision: a18918df0bd0ddd9c8b05b99c302e26b226af5d3
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
System Description: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (v5.1.0.2600)

Configured using:
 'configure -C --prefix=/d/usr --with-wide-int
 --enable-checking=yes,glyphs 'CFLAGS=-O0 -gdwarf-4 -g3''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY
W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1255

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cl-print
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv debug backtrace find-func cl-extra
cl-seq cl-macs gv xdg subr-x cus-edit pp icons wid-edit cus-start
cus-load thingatpt help-fns radix-tree help-mode cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table
term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 82982 11891)
 (symbols 48 9337 0)
 (strings 16 25966 2321)
 (string-bytes 1 662724)
 (vectors 16 15015)
 (vector-slots 8 198952 19501)
 (floats 8 40 42)
 (intervals 40 712 108)
 (buffers 896 13))