Subject: bug#58164: 28.1; keybinding C-z to suspend-frame in fvwm windowmanager seems to get lost after first use.

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2022 20:56:44 +0300

> Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2022 19:39:20 +0200
> Cc: [email-masked]
> From: Jos de Kloe <[email-masked]>
> 
> and after:
> 
> (gdb) n
> 11985     if (FRAME_ICONIFIED_P (f))
> (gdb) bt

Thanks, but I meant "after" here:

> Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=args@entry=0x7fffffffd258) at eval.c:3048
> 3048      lisp_eval_depth--;

That is, after you step over the "if (FRAME_ICONIFIED_P (f))" line and
end up in Ffuncall.

But I think I see the reason: indeed Emacs thinks that the frame is
still iconified, so it does nothing and returns.

So I guess some X event that was supposed to arrive and tell us that
the frame is no longer iconified didn't arrive or something?  I hope
Po Lu will be able to look into this soon.