Subject: bug#58163: coreutils instalation failure x86_64

From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 18:33:01 -0700

On 9/29/22 04:38, ripspin-004--- via GNU coreutils Bug Reports wrote:
>   git submodule foreach git pull origin master
> 
>   git commit -m 'build: update gnulib submodule to latest' gnulib
> 
>   ./bootstrap
> 
> ./configure -quiet
> 
> make

That's a bit too terse, unfortunately. What distro and compiler are you 
using? Since I cannot reproduce the problem on Fedora 36 x86-64, we'll 
need more details.

I suggest sending all the output, interleaved rather than separating 
stdout from stderr, and using the following three commands instead of 
the last two commands mentioned above:

    ./configure
    make
    make V=1

The last "make" should retry the failed compilation, but more verbosely.

For comparison I am attaching the compressed output of the above 
commands on Fedora 36, which has gcc (GCC) 12.2.1 20220819 (Red Hat 
12.2.1-2)
, and where the build is successful.