Subject: [bug#58156] [PATCH] gnu: Add emacs-circadian.

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 11:48:49 +0200

Hello,

kiasoc5 via Guix-patches via <[email-masked]> writes:

> * gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm (emacs-circadian): New variable.

Thank you.

> +    (source
> +     (origin
> +       (method url-fetch)
> +       (uri (string-append "https://stable.melpa.org/packages/circadian-"
> +                           version ".el"))

Tarballs from Stable MELPA are not considered stable (!). Could you use
GitHub as upstream?

> +       (sha256
> +        (base32
> +         "1pypy9bhg4lmmjjj0yqvlqs478i84x3awgzzjzdmrj1jlqbbvdj7"))))
> +    (build-system emacs-build-system)
> +    (home-page "https://github.com/guidoschmidt/circadian.el")
> +    (synopsis "Theme-switching for Emacs based on daytime")
> +    (description "emacs-circadian tries to help reduce eye strain that

Circadian reduces eye strain…

or

Circadian may reduce…

In any case the project is named Circadian, "emacs-circadian" being the
name of the Guix variable bound to the package.

> +may arise from the difference of the display brightness and surrounding
> +light by automatically switching between light and dark themes.  It is
> +inspired by color temperature shifting tools and brightness adaption
> +software.")
> +    (license license:expat)))

Licensing is ambiguous. The LICENSE file is expat, but the sole ".el"
file is explicitly GPL3+. So I guess this would be (list gpl3+ expat).

Could you also activate tests for this package? See for example
"emacs-go-mode" for an example. You will need to add emacs-el-mock
and emacs-ert-runner to the list of native inputs.

Could you send an updated patch?

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou