Subject: [bug#58155] [PATCH] etc: teams: Add news.scm to translations team scope.

From: Thiago Jung Bauermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2022 20:19:26 -0300

Hello Liliana,

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Donnerstag, dem 29.09.2022 um 00:20 -0300 schrieb Thiago Jung
> Bauermann:
>> * etc/teams.scm.in (translations)[#:scope]: Add etc/news.scm.
>> ---
>> 
>> Hello,
>> 
>> I'm interested in receiving emails about changes in etc/news.scm.
>> This patch assumes other members of the translations team are as
>> well.
> Since changes to NEWS and po rarely go through the mailing lists, I
> doubt this will have the intended effect.  (Of course we can still add
> the scope, it most likely will do exactly nothing, i.e. neither good
> nor harm.)

This patch doesn't add scope entries for NEWS nor for po files though.
There's a scope entry for the latter but it was added by a previous
patch.

I thought that changes to etc/news.scm went through the mailing lists
but it looks like they don't so this patch is less useful than I
thought...

I still think it would be useful to apply it, as a kind of
documentation/statement that the translations team is interested in
changes to etc/news.scm.

Relatedly, it would be a good idea for people adding new entries to
etc/news.scm to notify members of the translations team.

> Is there anything else we can do to improve the translation
> workflow?

I think Julien Lepiller's proposal to translate news on weblate would be
a nice improvement:

https://yhetil.org/guix/[email-masked]/

-- 
Thanks
Thiago