Subject: bug#58149: guix pull error

From: Matthieu Haefele <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 17:35:57 +0200

Le 29/09/2022 à 17:15, Ludovic Courtès a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Matthieu Haefele <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> Well, I installed guix on my laptop (with ubuntu) the very standard
>> way described on guix website. It was back in January 2020.
> OK.  Lzip support was added sometime in 2019:
> <https://guix.gnu.org/en/blog/2019/substitutes-are-now-available-as-lzip/>.
>
> Could you try updating your daemon as described at:
>
>    https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Upgrading-Guix.html
>
> Also, could you report the output of:
>
>    /var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/current-guix/bin/guix-daemon --version
>
> before and after the upgrade?
>

########

(base) mhaefele@mdlspc113:work $ /var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/current-guix/bin/guix-daemon --version

guix-daemon (GNU Guix) 1.0.1

########

Updating the daemon triggers the same error wit "unsupported compression scheme lzip"

########

(base) mhaefele@mdlspc113:work $ sudo -i guix pull

[sudo] password for mhaefele:
/gnu/store/q19l04vd2za80mk1845pz7r8cz29qk43-bash-minimal-4.4.23/bin/bash: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale 
(fr_FR.UTF-8)
Updating channel 'guix-hpc-non-free' from Git repository at 'https://gitlab.inria.fr/guix-hpc/guix-hpc-non-free.git'...
Updating channel 'guix-hpc' from Git repository at 'https://gitlab.inria.fr/guix-hpc/guix-hpc.git'...
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Building from these channels:
   guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git    e6777cf
guix-hpc-non-freehttps://gitlab.inria.fr/guix-hpc/guix-hpc-non-free.git e93c9b3
   guix-hpc  https://gitlab.inria.fr/guix-hpc/guix-hpc.git    546dd9d
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
The following derivations will be built:
    /gnu/store/y5078dcfi69z43hsgsiqvv7afgn49i4l-module-import.drv
/gnu/store/sinrwklgfjdfqg7qyr1w5ahbp7kzdabm-module-import-compiled.drv
    /gnu/store/lybfadhfwzldw724mpsbdzakv54wwvvr-hash.scm.drv
    /gnu/store/pl48shh9vvnd8q8909ra7hznhzlcn0gj-config.scm.drv
    /gnu/store/sc6fv5hqxvk1nziq20wi427hh3cmr88n-git.scm.drv
/gnu/store/mxg1428wjqc0b09a2n1bndrwqricv1hd-compute-guix-derivation.drv
7,5 MB will be downloaded:
    /gnu/store/r658y3cgpnf99nxjxqgjiaizx20ac4k0-guile-2.2.4
    /gnu/store/0h9x3hqqh4fx52735a7mykqm7mdkqnf4-libgc-7.6.6
    /gnu/store/4jh61hq9b4pv1bjqimafcv2w1c20cqrc-libatomic-ops-7.6.6
    /gnu/store/b7pbksdw7f1x4faimd2xmgpcipsrp9ns-libffi-3.2.1
    /gnu/store/g3az3q22hmlqwwzqjv4vqfrhcfl88a2s-libunistring-0.9.10
    /gnu/store/w967m83560ik61vqv0v8aw3b0avb0hng-libltdl-2.4.6
    /gnu/store/wsq5x6sizjq8ggyfydccv1hcsciy40wi-gmp-6.1.2
    /gnu/store/y249ycgfvg0p83hwpwf5nbn1aghjcc9n-pkg-config-0.29.2
downloading from https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/4jh61hq9b4pv1bjqimafcv2w1c20cqrc-libatomic-ops-7.6.6...
Backtrace:
            3 (apply-smob/1 #<catch-closure 147d0e0>)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
     705:2  2 (call-with-prompt _ _ #<procedure default-prompt-handle…>)
In ice-9/eval.scm:
     619:8  1 (_ #(#(#<directory (guile-user) 14f8140>)))
In guix/ui.scm:
   1747:12  0 (run-guix-command _ . _)

guix/ui.scm:1747:12: In procedure run-guix-command:
unsupported compression scheme lzip
substitution of /gnu/store/4jh61hq9b4pv1bjqimafcv2w1c20cqrc-libatomic-ops-7.6.6 failed
killing process 22631
guix pull: error: some substitutes for the outputs of derivation `/gnu/store/16c8c8hm1qdn6xz8014939mirc7c4d4j-guile-2.2.4.drv' 
failed (usually happens due to networking issues); try `--fallback' to build derivation from source