Subject: bug#58135: 29.0.50; Typing getting garbled in mail-mode

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2022 14:14:53 +0200

> Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2022 11:08:59 +0000
> From: Robert Marshall <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],
>     [email-masked]
> 
> 
> Eli Zaretskii writes:
>  > Is the wrong order real, or just on display?  IOW, what happens if you
>  > save the buffer to a file -- do you see the wrong order in the file as
>  > well?
>  > 
> 
> I saved a buffer containing garbled "r dehsangul ce" - I typed "rules
> changed" to a file and the contents of the file were as in the buffer
> - so the wrong order was real rather than just being displayed.

That would mean something really changes the input events that Emacs
receives.  Does "C-h l" after this happens indeed shows the characters
in the wrong order?