Subject: bug#58133: 29.0.50; Tramp do not parse auth-sources

From: Shuguang Sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 12:19:34 +0800

Dear all,

>From this August, tramp seems not to parse the auth-sources (.authinfo.gpg).

When I press `C-x C-f /plink:`, there is no completion provided. However
`(tramp-parse-auth-sources "plink")` does as expected and provides a
list of user and url cons from auth-sources. I add some print stuffs to
the relevant tramp functions an find out that it seems the step about
`tramp-parse-auth-sources` is not executed.

By the way, Emacs compile `cl-loaddefs.el` and `tramp-loaddefs.el` at
the first time relevant function be called.

``` Compiling
c:/msys64/mingw64/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/cl-loaddefs.el...
Compiling
c:/msys64/mingw64/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/net/tramp-loaddefs.el...
```

Best Regards,
Shuguang Sun

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32) of 2022-09-26 built
Repository revision: a386833503430732a5c9bed8dbc5c3073f72b5ab
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19044
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.2009.19044.2006)

Configured using:
 'configure --without-pop --with-native-image-api
 --with-native-compilation --without-compress-install
 '--program-transform-name=s/^ctags$/ctags.emacs/''

Configured features:
ACL DBUS GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: CHS
  locale-coding-system: cp936