Subject: Re: bug#58123: [PATCH] gnu: services: docker: Add docker-container-service-type

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2022 22:31:27 +0200

Hi Mája,

Mája Tomášek <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I have applied the changes as you suggested. Thank you for your (as you
> said) "superficial comments", they were really helpful! And I am happy
> that you made them, as I'm sometimes too happy that I have made a
> contribution and I forget that I don't write only for myself, but for
> others.

Thanks for the nice and useful service!

It looks pretty good already (in part thanks to Maxime’s guidance :-)).
I would have two more asks:

  1. Could you update doc/guix.texi to document the new service?  You
     can mostly use ‘generate-documentation’ to produce the reference of
     the configuration record, and then add a paragraph giving some
     context and a documented example.

  2. Could you add a test under (gnu tests *)?  That would ensure the
     service does not bitrot going forward.

Let us know if you need guidance on these things.  When you’re done,
please send an updated patch with those changes here.

Thank you!

Ludo’.