Subject: bug#58112: OPAM importer fails in lookup-node

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 15:47:57 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, 27 Sep 2022 at 13:33, Csepp <[email-masked]> wrote:
> The specific error is this:
> Wrong number of values returned to continuation (expected 2)
> It is caused by opam->guix-package silencing intermediate errors by
> using and-let* (the poor person's Maybe monad) and returning #f when the
> receiving side expects two return values.
>
> Initial reproducer:
> guix import opam -r mirage

I have not checked for opam, but it reminds me fixes in other importers.

5278cab3dc * scripts: import: gem: Fix recursive error handling.
7229b0e858 * import: cran: Return multiple values for unknown packages.
1fe81b349c * import: elpa: Return multiple values for unknown packages.
6bb92098b4 * import: hackage: Return multiple values for unknown packages.

And the bug#44115 report [1] mentioned opam but indeed the fix probably
fell in the crack. :-)

Do you want to give a try?

1: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/44115

Cheers,
simon