Subject: Re: bug#58111: [PATCH] Add support for the Adlam script

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 19:36:23 +0300

> From: समीर सिंह Sameer Singh <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 21:23:40 +0530
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
>  This doesn't look right: why 1 and not 0?
> 
> I copied this from my hanifi-rohingya composition rules, where I do not remember
> why I added 0 instead of 1. Even though they were working as intended I have replaced it with 0
> there just to be safe. 

In hanifi-rohingya, the codepoints that triggered composition were
between #x10D1D and #x10D27, whereas the regexp was
"[\x10D00-\x10D27]+", which matches many more characters.  With 1 as
the 2nd element of the rule vector, this means the sequence of
characters U+10D00 U+10D00 will not cause composition, but the
sequence U+10D00 U+10D1D will.  By contrast, in Adlam case, the
characters that trigger composition and the regexp are identical, so I
see no reason to trigger the composition only on the second character
of a sequence.

I see that you have now changed the hanifi-rohingya as well, but I'm
not sure that does what you want.  Please consider the effect I
described above, and decide whether you want 0 or 1 there.