Subject: 29.0.50; Emacs crushers in console probably by M-w

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 08:48:13 +0300

I am running Emacs from console by using gdb, so it crashed when I used
M-w but cannot remember how exactly. I select something, I can see
selected text in blue, and I run gdb in console with gdb --args emacs -Q
-nw then Emacs receives some signal, sometimes, I caught something:

(gdb) backtrace 
#0  0x00007ffff60192b1 in pselect () at /usr/lib/libc.so.6
#1  0x00005555557db811 in really_call_select (arg=0x7fffffffca10) at thread.c:612
#2  0x00005555557dbf8f in flush_stack_call_func (arg=0x7fffffffca10, func=0x5555557db7a0 <really_call_select>)
    at /home/data1/protected/Programming/Software/emacs/src/lisp.h:4225
#3  thread_select
    (func=<optimized out>, max_fds=max_fds@entry=9, rfds=rfds@entry=0x7fffffffcb10, wfds=wfds@entry=0x7fffffffcb90, efds=efds@entry=0x0, timeout=timeout@entry=0x7fffffffd170, sigmask=<optimized out>) at thread.c:644
#4  0x00005555557ffe0d in xg_select
    (fds_lim=9, rfds=0x7fffffffd2a0, wfds=0x7fffffffd320, efds=0x0, timeout=<optimized out>, sigmask=0x0) at xgselect.c:184
#5  0x00005555557b332b in wait_reading_process_output
    (time_limit=time_limit@entry=30, nsecs=nsecs@entry=0, read_kbd=read_kbd@entry=-1, do_display=do_display@entry=true, wait_for_cell=wait_for_cell@entry=0x0, wait_proc=wait_proc@entry=0x0, just_wait_proc=<optimized out>) at process.c:5685
#6  0x00005555555afe90 in sit_for (timeout=timeout@entry=0x7a, reading=reading@entry=true, display_option=display_option@entry=1)
    at dispnew.c:6238
#7  0x00005555556dd8b7 in read_char
    (commandflag=1, map=0x555555fb4c93, prev_event=0x0, used_mouse_menu=0x7fffffffda6b, end_time=0x0)
    at /home/data1/protected/Programming/Software/emacs/src/lisp.h:761
#8  0x00005555556de753 in read_key_sequence
    (keybuf=<optimized out>, prompt=0x0, dont_downcase_last=<optimized out>, can_return_switch_frame=true, fix_current_buffer=true, prevent_redisplay=false) at keyboard.c:10036
#9  0x00005555556e0605 in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1384
#10 0x000055555575ad17 in internal_condition_case
    (bfun=bfun@entry=0x5555556e0440 <command_loop_1>, handlers=handlers@entry=0x90, hfun=hfun@entry=0x5555556d3460 <cmd_error>)
    at eval.c:1492
#11 0x00005555556cbc56 in command_loop_2 (handlers=handlers@entry=0x90) at keyboard.c:1132
#12 0x000055555575ac71 in internal_catch
    (tag=tag@entry=0xf7e0, func=func@entry=0x5555556cbc30 <command_loop_2>, arg=arg@entry=0x90) at eval.c:1215
#13 0x00005555556cbbf1 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1110
#14 0x00005555556d2fe2 in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:719
#15 0x00005555556d3370 in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:802
#16 0x00005555555a4ed2 in main (argc=4, argv=0x7fffffffe068) at emacs.c:2517

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.17.6, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2022-09-16 built on
 protected.rcdrun.com
Repository revision: 3c1579697ff03d3991b41ead503211cffac0998f
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101003
System Description: Parabola GNU/Linux-libre

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
WEBP X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=exwm-xim
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils rmc iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit
xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 39184 8186)
 (symbols 48 5118 2)
 (strings 32 14268 1914)
 (string-bytes 1 402527)
 (vectors 16 10388)
 (vector-slots 8 157779 11738)
 (floats 8 40 15)
 (intervals 56 255 0)
 (buffers 1000 11))

-- 
Jean

Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/