Subject: Re: bug#58104: 29.0.50; Emacs crushers in console probably by M-w

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 14:57:11 +0300

> Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 12:09:27 +0300
> From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> * Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> [2022-09-28 05:33]:
> > > That is backtrace after Emacs crashed. Because it is "often"
> > > reproducible, that is why I was running Emacs under gdb.
> > 
> > It doesn't look like a crash, and the information about the fatal
> > signal was missing.
> 
> Emacs received SIGINT, that was it.

SIGINT cannot cause a crash in -nw sessions.  Emacs programs the
terminal to produce SIGINT when you type C-g, and when SIGINT is
delivered, Emacs converts it into a QUIT -- just like you expect when
you type C-g in Emacs.

The only way to cause Emacs to abort via SIGINT in -nw sessions is to
press C-g several times quickly enough while Emacs is busy -- this
activates the so-called "emergency exit" feature, whereby Emacs will
abort after asking you whether you really meant that.