Subject: bug#58104: 29.0.50; Emacs crushers in console probably by M-w

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 23:18:24 +0300

* Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> [2022-09-27 09:43]:
> Is this a backtrace from the crash, or is this just a backtrace after
> attaching GDB to a running Emacs?  It doesn't look to me as a crash.
> It looks like Emacs is idle waiting for input.
> 
> Is the crash reproducible?

That is backtrace after Emacs crashed. Because it is "often"
reproducible, that is why I was running Emacs under gdb.

I cannot know WHEN it will take place, that is why I was running
longer until it happened, and have sent you backtrace. From there on,
I guess you are the one with skills to find out why and what.

It happened many times. It is something related to marking the region
and pressing M-w

Jean

Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/